normal to feed less after 3 month growth spurt?

cutie4evr01

Reaction score
I never really kept track of how often DD was feeding, but I'd guess around every 2 hours or so. Generally whenever she cried I offered the boob if it had been a while since she last ate, and almost always she would drink some. She recently had her 3 month growth spurt and I think it has ended now. For the past 2 days or so I felt like she didn't feed very much at all, my boobs were very full and when I tried to feed her she would eat a bit and pull off even though milk was still squirting out. Then last night before bed and also once today she has just screamed at the boob, and wouldn't latch at all, and both times fell right off to sleep, so clearly she was just tired and not hungry. Today so far she has only eaten twice, at 7am and again around 11am. I tried feeding her again just now (1pm) and she wasn't having any of it, she just wanted to sleep. Is it normal for her to begin feeding so infrequently now? I remember DD1 dropped to 4-hourly feeds at some point, but I thought she was older, like 4/4.5 months. I'm just worried that the growth spurt increased my supply and then now if she doesn't feed often, will it decrease again?

I've noticed a drop in feeding too, now LO is 3.5 months old. I didn't actually notice his 3-month growth spurt, which surprises me, as the 7-week spurt was so draining! It would be good to know if this is common!

i'll add my experience:

so my ds had what i think was her 3 month growth spurt just a little early at just shy of 11 weeks, she literally fed every 1.5 hours the whole day and night (previously 2 hourly in day 3 hourly at night) now she feeds every 3 hours in the day and between 10.30 and 3.30/4.30 she has nothing and then goes back to 3 hourly.

thing is she has just come out in a very bad cold so i am yet to find out whether this lack of appetite for the 4/5 days before her cold came out was in fact due to the cold beginning to affect her eating or whether it is the spurt - i guess i will find out when she is better or if in the next week she has another feeding sesh lol my boobs are spraying again, it took me ages to get them to a resonable level in terms of my over production now having to start again lol

I was wondering the same. My LO is 14 weeks now and, during his growth spurt he was feeding every 1-2 hours but now he is going at least 3 before I panic and offer him the breast! He is only feeding for 10-15 mins each time and is sleeping of a night from 7.30 pm until 5 am. I am waking up of a morning in pools of milk feeling very swollen and desperate for him to want a feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"