Nose bleeds?

rainbows_x

Mummy.
Reaction score
I woke up this morning with a nose bleed :shrug:
I've never had one before and was just wondering if they are normal in pregnancy?
Or just something that randomly happened?

They are normal though I haven't had one since 1st tri thank goodness. Now I just get the stuffy nose that makes me snore

Yep, pretty normal. I havent had any actual nose bleeds but am stuffy all the time and everytime I blow my nose there is blood. Found this for you.... https://www.babycenter.com/0_nosebleeds-during-pregnancy_255.bc

i hadnt had a nose bleed everr til i fell pregnant.
since day 1 id say id had about 25 up until now!x

Yes its very normal. :thumbup:
The increase in hormones have something to do with it.
I get them a lot.

Completely normal hun. I started getting them at 8 weeks and still have them. I usually have 1 or 2 a day. It's all to do with your vessels opening etc due to oestrogen.

i had two of my worst nosebleeds in first tri!
woke up with it dripping on my arm during the night. niiiice! xx

This was my first "symptom" of pregnancy. I had never in my life had one until I got pregnant...have probably had 10 since I found out and every single time I've blown my nose since I've been pregnant there is blood in it...:sick: But I asked my OB at my first appt at 8 weeks and she said that its pretty common so nothing to worry about.

I had 2 sever bleeds in my 1st tri. One sent me to the ER cause I was passing huge clots (tmi) it freaked me out!

I did read that it get more common in your 2nd tri b/c the blood suffaces to the top to supply to the blood vessels. Blood flow becomes more demanding for your body.

I don't get nose bleeds but when I blow my nose there is always blood. Very unusual for me another Weird pregnancy symptom no one tells you about !

It is quite common, was told by my doctor it's due to hormones etc..

I haven't had any nosebleeds, but I find my nose is always stuffy and am constantly blowing my nose.

Even though you've probably gotten your answer, I just wanted to add that I, too, always have a bloody nose when I blow it. I thought I was just weird; good to know that we're not alone, huh?

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has blood everytime I blow my nose...always worse first thing in the morning. I was going to ask the mw about it at my appointment this Tuesday in fact.

I've been getting them since second tri! Other than being a pain in the arse (in terms of waking up in blood soaked sheets!) I don't think it's anything to worry about x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->