Nose Bleeds!

Angelface

Mummy to a princess &Bump
Reaction score
Has anyone experianced nose bleeds during pregnancy??
I've never had them before but about 3 days ago, my nose just poured, litrally like a tap, and ive had them every day since, even waking up and having blood on my pillow?

Do you think this is anything to worry about? x

I have suffered nose bleeds in each of my pregnancies. Its nothing to worry about apprently it is to do with the extra blood we have pumping around us at the minute.
I have never had a nose bleed when I am not pregnant!

Thats good then! I was getting kind of worried, as like i said , ive never had them before! lol

I had a nosebleed about 3 weeks ago which startled me as I haven't had one for years and years. Googled it and discovered that it's quite common in pregnancy and even more so as the weather gets colder - so perhaps the change in weather has brought yours on?

I get them loads in pregnancy and a really stuffy nose too. It's just the swollen blood vessels are at the surface in your nose, and not any where else in your body so you get stuffy noses and bleeds. Not nice though is it :hugs:

ive had a few nosebleeds aswell, and got worried but then i read my weekly pregnancy thingy and it said you may be experiencing nosebleeds or nasal congestion because of all the extra blood and fluids.

xxxxxxxxx

I had one last week out of the blue as i was driving the car!

Amy has had a few but only small short lived ones.

I haven't personally, but my mom said she did all the time when she was pregnant. In fact it's the only time she ever got nosebleeds so I'm sure it's nothing to worry about [my mom just said it wasn't]. You should mention it to your MW though if it will put your mind at ease. :) x

yeah me i posted a post not so long ago about it but then mentioned it to my midwife she said its pretty normal during pregnancy as long as its a normal nose bleed & not like an hr long one with clots of blood lol x

I have in past pregnancies. It can be a sign of high blood pressure too (but I've never had it). The reason is something to do with dilating capillaries carrying the blood in your nose....or something like that:dohh:

Nothing to worry about its totally normal.
I can have 2 or 3 a day, and I never had them before I was pregnant either.
Dont worry :)
xx

I get them too! Had them as a kid, but none since, until i got pregnant, perfectly normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"