Not a success story, but did you have success when... ?

hairftsher

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am not here to announce any success stories of my own just yet, but I am wondering if any of you have found success after losing weight, or have a story similar to mine?

I have always been overweight, and as soon as I hit my 20's, I quickly became obese. I have always had regular cycles, & to be honest, have always been on the hairy side... lol, to which I have always blamed my Italian roots. I got pregnant the second month of trying with my son. I weighed 240lbs at my first prenatal appointment. Went on to have a fabulous pregnancy, although I did have high blood pressure near the end & was induced as a result.

Fast forward to a year after my son's birth, my husband & I discussed adding a second to the mix & we actually fell pregnant for a second time the first month we even vaguely tried. However, I was slightly heavier this time around (approx 255) & it resulted in a missed miscarriage (details in my signature).

Since then............ nothing. I wouldn't go as far as to say we actively try a lot - there have certainly been many months over the past 4 years where we did not have sex during any of my suggested fertile days. I have gone to an OBGYN who said that I was not ovulating despite my regular cycle. I am very aware of my body, & I can pretty much tell that I am not ovulating based on a lack of EWCM. I have gotten "positive ovulation tests", but given that my body seems to be out of whack with no truly producing signs of ovulation, I don't believe my body is truly releasing an egg.

Now... I am even heavier than I was then. I was at my highest at Christmas, an embarrassing 285 lbs. I have since lost 20 lbs, mostly because I turned 30 in January & am all of a sudden very much panicking that I am running out of a time & may not get to have a second child - something I so desperately hope for. I lost the 20 lbs pretty quickly, as do most who are severely overweight... I also began to take supplements (Inositol & D-Chiro) & my cycle this past month has been 24 days, what the what? My cycle is usually 32-34. I DID experience EWCM this month, although if I go by that it means my luteal phase was fairly short indeed. (Maybe 10 days but more like 9).

I'm wondering... if anyone has had a similar background as me & has had success?
I am going to continue on the path of weight loss in hopes that, that is what I need to really achieve my dreams of another child. I talk myself into believing this isn't the problem because many overweight women get pregnant, including myself in the past! & my period is regular! However, I know that regular periods really don't mean much in the grand scheme & I see no other explanation...

It's also worth mentioning I did try two rounds of Femara to no avail.

Anyway.

Anyone in the same boat? Anyone with advice?

Thank you, so, so much.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"