not allowed to bf for a few days :( devastated!

LousMom

Mommy of 2 princesses
Reaction score
The baby doc called this AM to tell me that a test they ran at the hospital for the baby came back that she may not have the ability to digest a sugar found in breastmilkor cow milk. So i had to take her back to the dic today for them to take blood and rerun the test. But in the meantime I have to give her soy formula umtil the results come back. Doc says that these tests are super sensitive and are normally false positives. But I can't BF until we get the results back :cry:

I'm pumping and storing, but miss BFing so much! Poor LO is having a tough time pooping now b/c of this soy formula. There's also the possibiity that it was a correct result and I won't get to BF her again. I'm heartbroken!!! Anyone else had this happen/heard of this?

Awww, {{{hugs}}}
How awful to be told you have to stop :( I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the result is wrong.

I have not heard of this hun. I hope it is afalse positive. Keep pumping and hang in there. If it does turn out to be true, you can always donate your milk, which is such a wonderful way to help others.

Aww , I really hope it's just a false positive . I've never heard of that before . Fingers crossed they're wrong and you can go back to breastfeeding your little one . Good luck .

I have not heard of this hun. I hope it is afalse positive. Keep pumping and hang in there. If it does turn out to be true, you can always donate your milk, which is such a wonderful way to help others.

what a wonderful idea! do u know where i can donate it all if that's the case?

aw :( hope you still will be able to do so... if not donation would be wonderful of you. :) keep your chin up! it still may be possible don't let the girls dry up yet ;)

what a wonderful idea! do u know where i can donate it all if that's the case?

There is a great website about milk banking here:
https://www.ukamb.org/donor.html

I'm not familiar with what you are going through, but perhaps post on the KellyMom website? Those ladies are the font of all knowledge, and as sadly many Doctors get these things wrong, it might be worth posting in there and seeing what they have to say:
https://forum.kellymom.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8

I'm lucky that my local hospital has a big milk bank so I donated to them. They do a few blood tests and then you're good to go. :) Hope it all works out for you.

It sounds like the test they did was for Lactose Intolerance, Lactose is a sugar found naturally in breast milk and is also in ordinary formula.
Here is a link to information about it on the NHS website, I hope it comes back a false positive hun x

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Lactose-intolerance/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"