not being able to eat...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by sara420, Dec 17, 2009.

1. sara420

sara420 Guest

i've started getting sick lately, i guess its cause of the pregnancy but i dont know... and i dont really eat a lot anyway, usually it doesnt bother me.. but now i can hardly eat anything.. i havent eaten anything today, i managed to eat an apple yesterday... is there anything i can do about this? just forcing myself to eat doesnt really work, i throw it back up

2. divadexie

divadexie Well-Known Member

I get a bit like that sometimes.
    I just keep thinking of foods until I think of one that doesn't make my stomach churn.
    I have also just found out that when I am feeling a bit off, eating a bowl of coco pops helps :)
    Also if I feel sick I have a wee sleep then eat something when I wake up, as I don't feel too bad then, or do some housework it takes my mind off it and then eat some cereal

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Mummy

Can you drink fruit drinks? like the V8 juice? it is a great way of getting all of those fruit & Veg goodies without actually eating them. I have a lot of nausea after & Before I eat but never throw up so I can only give you advice based on what I know hon.

I don't eat much either, never did before I fell pregnant.

4. sara420

sara420 Guest

ok, so about 10 minutes ago i tried eating an apple, the first thing ive eaten all day... right now i'm just getting back from throwing up in the bathroom... seriously, is this normal?

5. BabyL0Ve

BabyL0Ve Guest

tell me about it, I actually have been able to eat up until right now and hopefully its just this food.. I went and got myself chicken w mashed potatoes and garlic and it was so hard to eat, I was just trying not to think about it so i don't get sick. :wacko: Drink lots of water, it helps a lot

6. RHR

RHR Mummy 2 Isabelle & Sophie

Hi Sara, I would have a word with your doctor and see what they say. I had really bad morning sickness to the point where I couldn't keep and food or liquids down and ended up in hospital on a drip for a few days for severe vomiting and dehydration. I was prescribed an anti sickness tablet to take 3 times a day or as when needed. Once I'd taken a tablet I was able to eat and drink just fine.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but it's better to be checked over and given the all clear then not be ok.

let us know how you get on at the doctors and how you feel.