Not bonding with bump :(

DanteRoman

Reaction score
Please no judgments... Today is my rant day!

I just don't really feel anything towards It I'm almost 12 weeks and I loved my other 3 as soon as I was pregnant but this one... Nothing :(

This baby was very much planned and not a surprise by any means although we weren't actively ttc for long.

What's wrong with me?
I firmly wanted to stay team yellow but I just think I need to know as it might help me bond.

Anyone else feel like this?

This is my second and I feel very differently to my first, I'm deff finding the gender to help bond. My first I was love from the positive test, this one I was feeling very disconnected to until my 12 week scan. Seeing bean bouncing and kicking really really helped!

This is my second and I feel very differently to my first, I'm deff finding the gender to help bond. My first I was love from the positive test, this one I was feeling very disconnected to until my 12 week scan. Seeing bean bouncing and kicking really really helped!

My 12 week scan is a week tomorrow I'm hoping this will help. Just having a down day I suppose xx

Bless you :-(
I know what you mean to a lesser extent, I've felt so ill and wiped out that I just haven't 'enjoyed' any of it so far, I've felt quite disconnected from what's causing it.
Had a private scan at 8 weeks and even felt the same after that, as it didn't look much like a 'real' baby.

My 12 week scan is also a week tomorrow! What time is yours?
However, I had a cheeky/unofficial, and very quick scan at work today (hospital) as I've been on a bit of pain, and it's really helped. It looked completely different, like an actual baby- and was wriggling around like mad.. I haven't stopped smiling since!
I hope you feel the same after your scan, but I'm sure you're completely not alone :)

It's not until 5.30pm! They scan until 6 at my hospital. We had a scan at 6 weeks and it looked like a blob! Xx

I never bonded with my son and he was my first. He was unplanned though. My theory was because he was a boy, although I was team yellow as I had no problem bonding with my daughter. So don't feel guilty. Sometimes it takes a physical baby and time before bonding begins.

I am having a very hard time too. With my first, I was over the moon and talking to him every day. With this pregnancy, I just feel horrible because I am not bonding. I even listen on the Doppler, and it hasn't made a difference at all. :( I feel like the worst mom ever. On the other hand, with our first we told everyone we knew As soon as the lines turned pink. With this one, I am 11wks and only hubs and I know as I am waiting to tell my mom on Mother's Day. My son doesn't even know yet. I think that keeping the secret is part of the problem because if I think about it too much, I will have a hard time keeping it to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->