Not braxton hicks,...actual contractions!!

jules22

Preggers :)
Reaction score
I got sent to the OB ER today because the past couple days my tummy would tighten up really tight then let go. It only happens like 5 times in a day but I run my nurse and she said that I needed to be seen. 20 week is to early for Braxton Hicks is what SHE said as well as my GP.

I got sent in and for an hour and a half I was stuck on a monitor and apparently even when I wasn't feeling them, I was having the contractions. When I would feel one it would HURT BAD but then go away for a few hours. Apparently, the monitor said I was having them every 5-10 minutes or so...still very irregular. The doctor said how important it is that I rest and drink a lot of fluids. *sigh* I do nothing but clean house and do school online I don't think I can rest much more! Then she did a pelvic on me and when she did my body got mad or something because she said I was having a contraction then, as it said per the monitor.

She took did a test and it looks like I have BV... AGAIN. I have had it 6 times this pregnancy!!!! They had to switch me to stronger meds because apparently it is just NOT getting rid of it. Has anyone had this strong of issue with BV? They put me on pelvic bed rest and if I start contracting more then I should come back in and then they would put me on full bed rest. Ugh, I'm so frustrated!!!

Sorry for the rant but good gah I am doing NOTHING hardly. I do walk 1 mile a day with dog, if that but that is just to get him to go potty! :cry:

:hugs: :hugs:

I hope it gets better soon.
Keep us posted.

:hugs::hugs:

so what all were you feeling cuz i get really bad menstual crampy feelings and sometimes its so bad i cant bare it. =[[

hope it gets better for you. good luck.

Oh goodness, hope it gets better soon.

Glad to hear they upped the medicine for the BV. I had BV whilst TTC and was told by my doctor that it can cause premature labour, so maybe that's what's causing the contractions?

Take it easy--sounds like a good excuse to forget the housework for a bit and let someone else walk the dog. Keep us posted. :hugs:

I also had BV which was treated and I think its back now , been having a lot of CM, clear. I also had pinching pains a week ago coming and going and they also tested me for contractions and told me that whilst I was on that machine (15 mins) I had two but they were low intensity. I didnt feel them.

I am now on modified bed rest, even though doctor ordered full bed rest as I am in the middle of a trip. I will be returning back home on Monday and will go on full bed rest to be safe.

I am also scared and worried like you are, and I will try and see my doctor again next week and get retested to find out if there was any changes in the situation. There is also a speculation that I have a UTI due to the pains etc so they will test me for that too.

I really hope you feel better soon, but I really know how you feel honey :hugs:

Hope it gets better soon.

Yours is obviously a different situation to mine. However, I have beeing having "tightenings" about 20 times a day for the last week. No pattern to them though and no pain. Saw the midwife and she said they were Braxton Hicks and quite normal to have them at 20 weeks. She said only to worry if they were painful. She said they can be caused by a UTI although nothing showed up on the dipstick test.

Still a bit worried about them (especially as off on holiday on MOnday) but just going to keep an eye on them.

Take care.
xx

so what all were you feeling cuz i get really bad menstual crampy feelings and sometimes its so bad i cant bare it. =[[

Mine were a little stronger than the menstral cramps... and it only happened like 5 times in one day at RANDOM times... then I get to the OB ER and I was having contractions ever 10 minutes. I didn't really feel them, but they could tell I was having them regardless. I rung my nurse first to see if I should go in and she told me to..

I think you should really relax... just put yourself on bedrest anyway.. take it really easy and maybe get someone else to walk the dog. You have to be carefull, good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->