Not coping mentally with pregnancy

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying how grateful I am to be pregnant, but lately I’ve started to doubt how I’m going to raise another baby. I have three and already stretched to the limit mentally, physically, financially etc. I’ve found myself snapping at my other babies lately out of pure frustration.

This pregnancy has been hard. I’ve fought HG again and had absolutely no energy. Some days I truly struggle to get out of bed. My husband isn’t the most supportive of people and I’m the sole breadwinner, do the majority of the household chores, cooking, making lunches etc. he doesn’t work, just sits at his PC and Xbox all day and night.

i wanted this rainbow baby so bad but now that I have it I’m worried I can’t cope with another. I’ve never really struggled with mental health issues before but I’m starting to get this niggling voice in my head telling me I can’t do it and it worries me.

I can’t mention it to my providers because I expressed I wasn’t having a good week (on their depression score) with my previous pregnancy AND THEY SENT CPS TO MY DOOR TO CHECK UP. CPS went on their way after interviewing me and seeing there was no issues, but I only scored borderline - not even enough to score as depressed. So I don’t trust the medical professionals enough to speak to them.

anyway, there’s my little rant. I’m tired, feeling alone in parenting and just over it right now.

I have no advice, but it sounds like you have a TON on your plate. Can you speak with your husband about helping you out more with the kids if he isn't going to work?

Big hugs mama.

I’m so sorry mumma. HG alone is depressing and debilitating add in other children who probably don’t understand and want their mom back getting them like she always does, things get even worse. I been there I know how it feels.

as for medical professionals sometimes you have to really advocate for yourself. You mentioned you are the sole provider plus primary carer of the kids that tells me you probably used to getting things done even when it’s hard because you got to be strong, I find that sometimes doctors don’t see that as survival but take it on face value as you are ok. I say if you feel you need the help go ask for it. I’ve had to do it once before and basically tell them I’m tired of having to have it all together so help me.

sending you lots of virtual hugs.

I'm so sorry your husband isn't more helpful, that's not really fair of him especially since he doesn't work. That's also really strange that they would send CPS to your house just because you're considered depressed. I'm also about to have my 4th baby, sometimes I worry about the same thing of whether or not I'm going to be able to handle it. My OH works but does very little sometimes to help with the kids or clean, I also have physical issues that make it harder for me. I know right now it can seem hopeless but keep your head up, once your little one is here you will be able to find the strength to handle everything. I Know It feels impossible right now especially since you don't have a support system but we are strong and we can do this. I'm sure like you my kids are honestly all that I live for, I just keep reminding myself of that everyday and it really does help. :hugs:

I’m not sure if this is an option, but I have a good friend who has been doing counseling through zoom for the past couple months. She is a SAHM and has he no one with the pandemic and can’t go to therapy/counselor physically due to Covid but she has been able to due it through ZOOM and she did it has helped so much. I was thinking about trying it too just to have someone to talk to. I think a therapist would be good to talk to! I am so surprised the doctor had CPS visit! That’s insane. And why mental health issues are becoming more common because people are afraid to say anything. Not okay. Maybe go to your primary doctor not your OB?

HG without anything else is extremely hard thing to deal with it really sad to see your partner isn't more helpful. Do you have any other family or friends that can help?
Our 4th fit in just as well as our 3rd, only thing i noticed was because they were brought up around so many other people he did not like being on his own in a bedroom, so when we moved him out of our room he had to share with his younger sister who was only 1 year younger.

Let me preface by saying how grateful I am to be pregnant, but lately I’ve started to doubt how I’m going to raise another baby. I have three and already stretched to the limit mentally, physically, financially etc. I’ve found myself snapping at my other babies lately out of pure frustration.

This pregnancy has been hard. I’ve fought HG again and had absolutely no energy. Some days I truly struggle to get out of bed. My husband isn’t the most supportive of people and I’m the sole breadwinner, do the majority of the household chores, cooking, making lunches etc. he doesn’t work, just sits at his PC and Xbox all day and night.

i wanted this rainbow baby so bad but now that I have it I’m worried I can’t cope with another. I’ve never really struggled with mental health issues before but I’m starting to get this niggling voice in my head telling me I can’t do it and it worries me.

I can’t mention it to my providers because I expressed I wasn’t having a good week (on their depression score) with my previous pregnancy AND THEY SENT CPS TO MY DOOR TO CHECK UP. CPS went on their way after interviewing me and seeing there was no issues, but I only scored borderline - not even enough to score as depressed. So I don’t trust the medical professionals enough to speak to them.

anyway, there’s my little rant. I’m tired, feeling alone in parenting and just over it right now.
How are you feeling now hun? Have things improved at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->