Not dilated but had a sweep!!! Experiences?

angel4eva

Reaction score
Well I went to MW other day who told me they could only do one sweep, and was booked in a week overdue. Long story short I've just had to see another MW who offered me one and said that wasn't true you can do more then one, so she did a membrane sweep, and told me I wasn't dilated at all at 40+1!

Feeling deflated...thought I would have been a little, and felt positive until then.

Anyone had a sweep and not dilated? and did it work?

I have had sweeps for four of my children and each time baby turned up 3 days later, so if you were me I would be expecting my baby on Sunday:) Hope its the same for you!

I have had sweeps for four of my children and each time baby turned up 3 days later, so if you were me I would be expecting my baby on Sunday:) Hope its the same for you!

It worked for me when I had my daughter but I was dilated when I had it done.

Were you dilated when you had your sweeps done?

I just can't believe I'm not even dilated at all!

My daughter had one at 40+1 not dialated couldnt really do a sweep but went into labour 2- 3 days later so certainly possible x

My first baby, the mw tried to do one but said i wasn't dilated enough. Baby was born 4 or 5 days later.

Second baby, mw did one at 41+2, when i was 2 cm dilated. That one worked well and i went into labor that evening.

This time My Dr did one for me at 38+5 when i was 1 cm dilated (i didn't ask for one, she just did it after checking dilation) Didn't work though, I'm still pregnant lol. I think i will be asking for another in a few days at my next appointment, if I'm still pregnant at that point.

You can't really have a sweep if you're not dilated at all, they have to get their finger inside your cervix, if it's completely shut that's impossible. If you're 1 cm they can sweep, for my first I had 2 sweeps that did nothing, for my 2nd she was born less than 13 hrs after the sweep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->