Not drinking alcohol excuses??

Weebear

Reaction score
I'm invited to a colleagues Hen night on Saturday. I get on really well with her but obviously most of my colleagues don't know Im pregnant yet.
I would go along for a while if there was a meal, problem is it is just a wild night out which I'm really not up for going to sober.
Anyway I'm looking for an excuse for not going. Didn't really want to go down the antibiotics route as I have really bad toothache today (dentist tomorrow) and don't think I would have gotten that if I was on antibiotics (plus that story is a big giveaway).
Hope my ramble makes sense and some of you have more creative ideas than me :shrug:

I just said I had a UTI and was on meds, so couldn't drink... good luck!

Actyally yr toothache and dentist fits in quite well. you could say you have been given metronizadol the antibiotic. It is an anaerobic bacteria working antibiotic that means you cannot , cannot touch a sip of alcohol or you will be very ill. Ask yr dentist tomorrow about it and he will tell you you must not drink alcohol at all. If you dont like that idea try saying hubby or mother is poorly and yr taxi for them if things get too bad??? Or say your on a diet, a detox or just cutting back or pretend to order a vodka tonic or something that actually loks like yr drinking alcohol?? You could say you are ttc so dont want to drink? Its a tough call?? Good luck!:thumbup:

You promised a friend in another town you'd help her move on Sunday and have to get up early for the drive.

Thanks girls some great ideas, I like the early move one too :D
It's so hard, I'm not great at lying and will probably give myself away!

I've been having to get creative with weekly excuses (my friends drink a lot >_<) and have used excuses like plans in the morning the following day, not enough money to be spending on alcohol that day, my boyfriend made plans for the night already, trying to cut excess calories (Ive been trying to lose weight and become healthier)...

I try to still spend time with them, but I don't want to be the one sober person in a group of drunk people. Hopefully you're able to figure something out. the dentist idea sounds like a good one to go with.

No I don't mean deliberately, I mean I'm so bad at lying they'll prob work it out(wont tell them tho):laugh2:

Haha... I'm not one to really deliver excuses. I'd just say, "I won't be able to make it, sorry." If they really think they need to do, the generic and broad excuse of "I just have a lot going on that I need to take care of," usually satisfies the questions. And you aren't really lying... you're very, very busy growing a baby and you need to take care of that baby!! :winkwink:

Good luck :)

I tell people I cant drink bc of my ulcer lol. But thy still expect me to show up at th bar and watch them drink...

You could offer to be the designated driver. Or luckily for me my OCD meds forbid me from drinking or I react very badly. The medicine idea (antibiotics) is actually perfect because no one can prove different.

You could always carpool and be the DD. That WON'T be a lie. :)

We had a large concert that my work (radio station) put on complete with alcohol. I got asked if I wanted a drink by most of my co-workers, plus friends that were at the event. It ranged from (for co-workers) I have an upset stomach, so I'm sticking to water. For friends, it was more along the lines of that since I was working in a special section of the event, I couldn't drink. You could always say you're on some kind of medication that might interact with alcohol.

I'm going to a wedding this weekend and I'm just going to have my husband bring me ginger ale or tonic water in an old-fashioned glass. That way, it looks like I'm just having whiskey and ginger or a vodka tonic! Of course, you have to be in a bar setting, not someone's house, for this to really work, and you have to be someone who drink those kind of drinks. They're low calorie "alcohol" options so I can say I trying to cut back on calories by not drinking beer or wine. Otherwise, I'm trying to really avoid situations with people we won't be telling early. This will be so much easier once everyone knows!

Just tell them you are still rough from the night before and couldn't possibly stomach alcohol, doesn't mean you were drinking the night before just that it was tough!

I've got crohn's so i'm lucky as my friends already know i cant drink alcohol because it really upsets my stomach, you could just say your suffering a bit of IBS and alcohol is a no-no when its bad or go with the designated driver option or just never let them order you drinks get your self a orange juice and just say its a vodka an orange!

Greetings from Edinburgh, weebear.

Insinuating you're hungover from the night before might piss the bride-to-be off a bit! I certainly wouldn't be too pleased if it were me. I'm terrible at this too so I've just been avoiding going out to a certain extent because I feel like I'm being dishonest with people if I don't say (I know, it's silly). But just make sure you're always at the bar alone so you can just get lemonade or coke and hopefully no one will be any the wiser. And as much fun as it is to tell people, I just have to remind myself how terrible it would be to have to go around telling people that something had gone wrong (Heaven forbid). Tut, tut at the drinking culture that means we have to make up excuses, eh?! :)

I say I'm on antibiotics for a urine infection (uti). It covers you needing the loo loads too!

This is a great thread! I have been trying to come up with excuses too. I had made a lot of social plans for the next two months and just found out I am pregnant a week ago. Now it's all about the excuses.

This weekend I said I didn't drink because I didn't feel well and had a sore stomach. The weekend after next, when I'll see the same people, I will re-use the same excuse and elaborate it into a full blown story saying that I went to the doctor for my stomach ache and I'm now on antibiotics. So I can't drink that weekend either. I'm not sure what to say during the following event a week after that one, though. Double antibiotics treatment?

God, I am such an awful liar :/

i made the excuses and wore the baggy clothes but when we told his parents his dad had to announce that he already knew. not true cos he thinks he is really clever and has a big mouth so if he did he would of asked (dh family has no tact). some people just like to ruin your big moments like announcing so you might need to lie out right if they ask and should be ready for it.
just to throw another possible problem at you, are you showing at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->