Not engaged

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Frooty, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Frooty

Frooty Well-Known Member

Had my midwife appointment on thursday baby is head down he has been since 30 weeks but head isn't engaged yet is this normal? was 37+5.

2. punk_pig

punk_pig Guest

Totally normal, some don't engage till active labour!

3. Cupkake.Luver

Cupkake.Luver Mommy to my Babbacakes!

Yup. Don't worry, everyone is different.

4. sardando

sardando Well-Known Member

Mine isn't engaged either, the midwife said it may not engage until labour though.

5. Lea8198

Lea8198 Well-Known Member

Yep. Mine both engaged early (around 35 weeks) but they were not born until just under 40 weeks so I was just uncomfortable for 5 weeks! Mine is head down but not engaged either although I have time to go yet :) I am sure your baby will engage soon :D

6. soontobemom

soontobemom Mom to Emily and Jacob xx

i had an appointment with my gp at 38 +2 days, head was down but not engaged and had lots of moving to do yet, her words!! i then asked can it not happen as you go into active labour, she said yeah, one good pain could do it!! DD's head engaged at about 39 weeks.
    anyway, i am rambling, could happen right before you go into labour or it could happen next week.

7. Babyface179

Babyface179 Well-Known Member

I literally just started a thread asking the same thing. |This is my first baby and everything I read said baby would have engaged by now. Mine hasn't and I am 38 weeks today. Midwife doesn't seem worried.

8. 24/7

24/7 Mummy to Sam & Abigail

My LO didnt engage until labour then dropped instantly as my waters broke. xx

9. baby030611

baby030611 Rylan Jack 07.06.11

Mine engaged at 33 weeks then at 37 it came back out just sat on the brim! A week later and it's slipped bck in again so u have time! :)

10. sophie22

sophie22 Well-Known Member

i wish i knew if mine was or not, i had an appointment yesterdat and she felt really really low and said, his head is here. a week ago he was down but she wrote 'free' in the engaged part of the notes, this time she just left it empty! but she felt alot lower and i dont know how he could be as low as she was feeling and not be engaged!