Not engaged

Frooty

Reaction score
Had my midwife appointment on thursday baby is head down he has been since 30 weeks but head isn't engaged yet is this normal? was 37+5.

Totally normal, some don't engage till active labour!

Mine isn't engaged either, the midwife said it may not engage until labour though.

Yep. Mine both engaged early (around 35 weeks) but they were not born until just under 40 weeks so I was just uncomfortable for 5 weeks! Mine is head down but not engaged either although I have time to go yet :) I am sure your baby will engage soon :D

i had an appointment with my gp at 38 +2 days, head was down but not engaged and had lots of moving to do yet, her words!! i then asked can it not happen as you go into active labour, she said yeah, one good pain could do it!! DD's head engaged at about 39 weeks.
anyway, i am rambling, could happen right before you go into labour or it could happen next week.

I literally just started a thread asking the same thing. |This is my first baby and everything I read said baby would have engaged by now. Mine hasn't and I am 38 weeks today. Midwife doesn't seem worried.

My LO didnt engage until labour then dropped instantly as my waters broke. xx

Mine engaged at 33 weeks then at 37 it came back out just sat on the brim! A week later and it's slipped bck in again so u have time! :)

i wish i knew if mine was or not, i had an appointment yesterdat and she felt really really low and said, his head is here. a week ago he was down but she wrote 'free' in the engaged part of the notes, this time she just left it empty! but she felt alot lower and i dont know how he could be as low as she was feeling and not be engaged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->