Not feeling as many movements??

lau86

Reaction score
I'm 28 weeks, baby has never been Really lively but the past few days I've had hardly any movements.. I had a midwife appointment today and mentioned it and she had a listen on the Doppler and said he was moving then. She told me to try sugary/ cold things and expect ten movements a day, well I've had two glasses of full fat coke, salad and pizza for tea and a scone and hardly anything. There was a few big ones before but apart from that nothing. I'm starting to feel concerned but I don't know whether I should be?? Anyone able to give advice?? I will go to hospital but as a last resort if necessary?

Do you have an anterior placenta? If your placenta is at the front of your tummy you may not feel so many movements as the baby needs to kick through that for you to feel it.

I had an anterior placenta with my first and he was quiet... This one is much more active!

I do have an anterior placenta, but would this explain the reduction in movements? I expected the movements to be on level so not as many as other women but level for me? Or is that wrong?x

When I was pregnant with my first I went to the hospital for reduced movement - they hooked me up to the machine and you could see on the graph that he was kicking away but I couldn't feel it! They said it was because he was kicking in a specific place which meant I couldn't detect his movements.

So it could defo be the cause of what you feel are reduced movements - I would always say though, if you are concerned get it checked out.

I was the same last week - I was on holiday and we were really active, out and about every day, and I was hardly feeling the baby at all. I was feeling movements every day but they weren't as strong as the week before. Then I had a day resting as I was so worn out and by the evening the baby was really active, so I think me being so busy had affected me feeling the movements. I also mentioned to my midwife this week that it feels like the movements have changed over the last week to be less strong and more like twitches and she said that was normal as the baby is running out of room in there. I have been feeling a lot more again the last day or two - it does seem that when I'm worrying about it, the baby goes quiet and when I'm calm he's moving all over the place! Not good for my stress levels!! I've got an anterior placenta too and I think the baby is now facing backwards, so I'm not feeling it in my tummy as much now, it feels more like it's inside me. Having said all that, if you are feeling like there are reduced movements and worrying about it, it's always worth checking it out for your own peace of mind at the least. I find that lying more on my side provokes movement from the baby and my midwife said to try drinking an ice cold drink and put the cold glass on my tummy afterwards... The things we do to try and get our babies moving...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->