Not getting a 12w scan :(..anyone else?

Hpmum they must have updated it.

Maybe. But it must have been like this for a while, because I had my 1st in 2012, my second in 2014 and now pregnant with my 3rd and been offered 12 week scans for all 3. I know you can miss your 12 week scan if you don't get booked in early enough for one reason or anther, but I don't know of any other reason than that. Or maybe some people just end up with pants midwives or something. I guess some people must be managing to get missed out.

I'll be getting a 12 week scan later this month but only because I want the NT screening. If I would have declined that, my first scan would be at 20 weeks which seems to be pretty standard in the midwife clinic I go to on the west coast in the US. They use doppler instead of ultrasound before 20 weeks to monitor at every appointment.

Oh gosh! With my second baby I was so desperate to get scan that I couldn't even wait for my 12 week dating scan (it was actually booked close to 14 weeks!) because I was nervous about the whole pregnancy even though I was extremely sick I just had to know baby was actually in there so I booked a private one at 11 weeks! I think I done well to even wait that long.

I always see ladies from us on here getting really early scans? Here in the UK it's just the dating scan and then the anomaly scan around 20 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->