not going to eat in work cafeteria again!

Lyo28

Reaction score
I had a vol au vent for lunch. Mushroom one, half way through I ate something crunchy and took it out and it was a big lump of dirt. They say in all my pregnancy books to make sure veg is washed through cos of listeria. I just hope it was cooked enough that it was sterile dirt!

I hate all this worry about food. I can't wait to eat what I want without worrying again.

Don't worry, most mushrooms are grown in polystyrene now and the mud is just sterile fertiliser stuff x

What a nightmare! I'm constantly worrying as well, especially about mushrooms as someone said they are grown in poo lol!!
I think that warrants a day off work don't you think? :)

Ok I have gone from being mildly worried to scared about it now. I have read up some stuff that says that mushrooms need to be cooked very very well and all dirt washed off. I assume in a hot sauce they would be ok but the dirt was still in a clump so could that still have bacteria? worried sick now about listeria again.

Try not to stress too much about it. The actual occurrence of listeria is fairly rare from what I have read.

I really hope so. To do anything this late would kill me.

Oh god tell me about it I HATE this worrying about food. Especially now that I'm in the third trimester everything freaks me out!

If the mushroom was cooked not raw I think you're FINE though - listeria is destroyed in the cooking process. So yeah I'm sure it was sterile dirt lol. ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"