Not happening...dr?

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
Ok so I’ve been trying to get pregnant since January.

I’m 35 nearly 36, I’ve got a big family, eldest is nearly 19 my youngest is 21 months. 6/7 months before I got pregnant with my youngest I had an eptopic pregnancy and lost a tube. I thought I wouldn’t get pregnant again and I took it hard. I went on the mini pill for about 3 weeks as I was scared it would happen again, but came off it and we decided to let nature take its course. 5 months later I found out I was pregnant, I was so so happy.

I’ve been trying to conceive again but nothing is happening. I’m confused why. I know my remaining tube is ok, I know I’m ovulating. Is it my age? Feeling frustrated. Unsure if I should go and speak to the Doctor, but fear they wouldn’t laugh me out of the door, because I already have a big family. I am with a new partner now (36), but he already has a daughter (teenager).

Wondering if I should just forget it :( ((currently on my tww but not holding out much hope))

I think the guidelines are that they’ll test you after 6 months of trying once you’re over 35 so you could always see your GP for blood tests. It might be worth your partner getting tested if he can (not sure what tests they’ll run on the NHS once you already have kids? They can definitely do hormone blood tests for you though)
I know you said he’s got a teenager but things can change over time. Might be worth him trying conception vitamins as well?
Good luck! :dust:

Thank you for taking the time to reply xx

Yes other half started taking wellman conception about 3 weeks ago, but I know they can take a while to have affect, although he feels it made him more frisky lol. If he went to his doctor do you think they may offer to do a SA? I’m also taking the woman’s equivalent and have been for a couple of months.

I keep thinking the problem would be more than likely to do with me, with only having one tube now. I did have the lap and dye done about 11 years ago and it showed both tubes ok, although one wasn’t as good and did have some lesions, which I’m assuming was were the eptopic occurred. Unsure if it’s age related maybe? Having regular cycles etc (28-31 days). Feeling a bit fed up to be honest. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->