Not happy with Clarks

KKS

Reaction score
I got my LO measured up 10days ago for her first shoes in clarks and i thought they left about 3months growing room but i have noticed her toes are almost touching the end! ARGHHH! Surely they can;t have grown that fast! Can they?

Their toes are meant to touch the bottom. Otherwise they're too big. Caitlyn doesn't grow much. She was in size 3 for like 6 months!

Ohh, i feel a bit silly! I thought they were meant to have "growing room".

I don't think their feet grow very much. My Clarks had a 2 month garentee x

Thats good, i went into the clarks in the mothercare store so i wasn't really sure how good they'd be.

i thought you were supposed to have something llike 14mm for sliding and growng room at the end ??? maybe take her to be measured again i could be wrong but after 10 days i dontthink that her toes should be right near the end. i would go ask them and if they say she should be in a different size then demand that they swap them, it has only been 10 days after all :)

When we got Caitlins feet measure they told OHs Mum that they should last around 3 months but if they have a growth then they can need new sooner - sadly they can't know when your LO is about to have one.

x

Thanks! I have asked clarks and they said they'd get back to me .I guess she could have had a growth spurt, i feel bad cause i can't afford Clarks every month!

There is suppose to be a little growing space at the top, I was told you have to be able to get 1 finger down the back of the shoe when your childs foot is in it, most kids go up a size every 3-6 months. The last time I went to clarks they measured Dec wrong, they said he was a size 5 when he had already been in a 6 for a few months before that !!! I would get your little one measured again. xx

I used to work for s shoe company and was trained to fit babies/ young childrens shoes. There should be around a thumbs width but on its side in babies, laying flat when they get older. you should also be able to pinch abit of fabric over the top of feet, so their feet aren't geting squashed.

Also you should leave for 6 weeks after they are walking before getting them fitted, but can't remember why, sorry!!!

Hope this helps

my 23 month old's feet seem to grow quite fast. i usually take her to clarks and she has to go back every 4-6 weeks for new shoes. i bought her some summer shoes about 3 weeks ago in size 5.5 and because its been raining quite a lot recently i went in yesterday to get her some trainers and shes now a size 6!! the same as her 6 year old cousin.

its so expensive when you have to spend £25-£30 every month for baby shoes. part of me thinks that they say your child's feet aere slightly bigger than they are to make you buy new ones.

one of the ladies in clarks told me her feet should start to slow down soon.....i hope so.

I dont go to clarks anymore... when i took jamie on a friday they said he was a size 4 but when i trook him back on the wednesday they said he was a size 5.... how would that be!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->