Not happy with how I'm being treat by the NHS

Georgia7

Reaction score
So to cut a long birth story short, I was in labour 30 hours. Pushing for an hour in a half. In this hour and a half I kept telling them something was wrong and that I physically couldn't do it. They kept telling me I could, but I know my own body and I knew this baby was not coming out. Eventually they realised he wasn't coming out and I was rushed to theatre for an emergency c section. During the section they accidentally tore my bladder opened. The procedure was long and very stressful.
I had to stay in hospital for 3 days and was in absolutely agony. I couldn't lift my baby, I couldn't do anything. I gave birth this time last week and it has been nothing but a nightmare since.
The 3 days after the birth I was on hospital I wasnt treated particularly nice. A doctor came and apologised for the damage they had caused but that was it. The midwives were short and blunt with me. At one point I recall during labour I was told 'I think it's about time you stopped thinking about yourself and started thinking about your baby' as you can imagine this didnt go down well when I was screaming in pain.

I now have a catheter in because of the damage done to my bladder and its making me absolutely miserable. I can't wear jeans or any tight clothing anymore and it's very uncomfortable. I can't have a bath and it hurts to sit. I have to have this in for 2 weeks then they will see if there's any lasting damage.

Now I've been back in hospital for the past 3 days because of shortness of breath. I got told to pop in, I would be checked over and on my way. But no. Here I am.
I've been waiting 3 days for a chest X-ray. For 3 days I've been sitting in a box room with nothing to do and not a single doctor has been to tell me what is happening. The midwives have been nothing but rude and blunt and told me 'this isn't there area of expertise, the only reason I'm on this ward is because I'm postnatal'
I'm being treat like I'm irrelevant and unimportant. Every day I've been told my scan would be today and I could go home and 3 days later I'm still here. It was only last night where I asked to discharge myself and for a complaint form that they actually got someone in to talk to me.
He promised me my scan would be 9 o'clock this morning and id know everything by 12. It's now 10 o'clock. No one has been in to see me or to even tell me what's going on.
Not to mention yesterday I waited all day and night to see one doctor to then be told 'the doctor isn't coming anymore, he's been rushed off his feet all day, his shift is finished now and he's in no fit state of mind to come and talk to you'

I'm so angry. I'm miserable, depressed, sore and angry!
What should have been an amazing time in my life with my new family has been ruined by this hospital. I don't know what to do anymore :( I'm just completely miserable. Xxx

You poor poor thing. I actually teared up reading this post because it reminded me of the hell I went through in my postpartum previous pregnancy. If I were you I would perhaps discharge myself and go to another hospital if its at all possible. I truley hope they can find what's wrong and hopefilly the shortness of breath is nothing to worry about. Please please try to look past all this and get some consolation in the fact that soon this will all be a distant memory and that you will enjoy your life with your son. I would however look seriously into suing the hospital for malpractice. I've never in my life heard of a competent surgeon tearing through a bladder during a csection... That's mental. Don't worry Hun I'm sure things will look up soon. Pm me if you like I can tell you my story and we'll chat xx here to listen if u want to talk.

:hugs: I had similar treatment through my 3 day labour.......what I should have done is just gone to another hospital as I wasnt receiving the care needed. Is this an option for you? So sorry you are going through hell............

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->