Not having an early 1st tri scan

sharnw

Mum to soon to be 3
Reaction score
I'm not having an early scan. I thought I was ok with that. It's been 2 days since my docs appoint and now I want an early scan :(

4 years ago, I had a mmc at 11.6 weeks. Baby stopped at 5.6 weeks.

2013 I had my 1st baby :cloud9:

This pregnancy I'm worried it will end as a mmc again :nope:

I have no symptoms at all. Which happened last pregnancy. I had no symptoms until 7.6weeks when ms hit me like i was severely hung over.

I just wish I had some reassurance :(

I've had early scans with all mine (first two healthy, second mmc and this one ok so far). For me I am relieved that I have got to 8 weeks with a hb (my mmc stopped growing at 6+2) however, I am also well aware that it can offer false reassurance as I've read plenty of stories on here of women who have mc after seeing a healthy hb. The uncertainty is so hard to deal with, especially after a mmc, but at least you know that if you get to 12 weeks and get a healthy scan, the chances really are pretty good. I had an early scan yesterday and I already want another one!

I hope I can make it to 9 weeks and hopefully start to find a hb on the Doppler. That will keep me at ease. But if I don't, I think once I get to 9 weeks, I'm nearly over the hill for reassurance :)

Ah hun I sympathise, I saw a healthy hb at 7 weeks with my last pregnancy and still ended up with mmc, I was falsely reassured. This pregnancy I had an early scan and didn't reassure me much at all til I'd had a second one.
Mmc isn't common, it'd be very unlucky and rare to have a second.
So if you aren't bleeding and cramping, there's 99% chance everything's ok.
And that's what I had to tell myself, it's all fine until proven otherwise.
Worrying won't change the outcome, but it might ruin your early pregnancy which should be a time of joy.
Good luck xx

I don't get an early scan either. 12 week scan 30th September!

I think seeing lots of girls on here getting early scans make you want one to :haha:

I just thought I didn't need it when I was at my docs app the other day. Unless there was something wrong and I had to have a scan x

I am booked for a dating scan September 8th. The hospital is back logged and couldn't get me in sooner....I'll be 12 weeks by that time! Anyway, I've booked myself in for a private scan tomorrow just so I can be sure there's actually something in there. It's costing me $50, but I just need to know....We had a mmc and I got pregnant the cycle of my loss. My anxiety has been a little high this time around!

I don't get one either. My doctor won't do a scan before 10 weeks, and by the time we found a date and time for an appointment, I'll be 11w 1d! It's driving me crazy, but I can't find anywhere to get a private scan. So I have to be patient and just hope everything is okay in there.

GL, not long for you :) couple weeks to go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->