Not having much milk

stacie-leigh

Expecting a baby girl
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I hope you are all ok.

My baby girl is 12 days old and I'm a little worried about how milk she is taking. She had a feed this morning at 5.00 which lasted about 10 minutes and then she hasn't had any more until 10.00 and she barely had any at all :( I keep trying her but she just isn't interested, what should I do? I'm breastfeeding and expressing x

Ohhh you and your daughter have the same birthday as me.

Is she having wet and dirty nappies? Has she lost/gained weight?

If she is not asking for it, I would still put her to the breast every couple of hrs, as this will help with your supply.

Congratulations too xxx

I was very suprised to be sharing my birthday with Keira :)

She is having lots of wet nappies but not many dirty ones. She is being weighed today but on Monday she had put weight on. She went from 5lb 12oz to 6lb 5oz in a few days. Hopefully she hasn't lost any x

I bet it made it even more special that you have the same n
Birthday.

That is good that she has put on weight, Harrison lost quite alot in the first t
Wk and did not regain his birth weight until 3wks. So your lo sounds like she is doing great.

Babies feed time varies, Harrison is a lazy feeder and when he was tiny it took over a
Hr to feed him. Your lo could get all she needs after 10mins.

Lots of skin to skin contact and ensure she is put to the breast slot to help your milk xxx

Macy was like this, she still gained weight okay though.

If she drifts off when feeding gently blow on her face to encourage her to keep sucking or do breast compressions. If she's stopped feeding but awake switch her to the other side. Just keep offering the breast every couple of hours xxx

Is she a sleepy baby?

You might want to try stripping her naked and even feeding her in a bath if she's very sleepy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->