Not immune to measels :( advice anyone?

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
so bloods come back, all clear except im not immune to measels!! Ive had the MMR vaccine twice!!

Anyone any advice? What are my chances of contracting it?

Another fucking thing to worry about!!

Sorry for swearing, just frustrated!! :(

I would say your chances are very low, with most everyone else immunized (I'm US so assuming kids have to get it before starting school in UK too) there are relatively few cases found each year. There were 222 cases of measles in 2011 in the U.S. (so compared to the population, very low chance of exposure.) I couldn't find much information on UK cases in recent years (not sure where to look) but looks like there were more there but still a relatively low number compared to the population.

Thankyou, im worried about it. I know its done its rounds in the UK recently

Is it definitely measles, not German measles? (Rubella?)

xxxx

oh i think its rubella, yes german measels! Ive had the MMR vaccine twice so no idea why im not immune :(

so bloods come back, all clear except im not immune to measels!! Ive had the MMR vaccine twice!!

Anyone any advice? What are my chances of contracting it?

Another fucking thing to worry about!!

Sorry for swearing, just frustrated!! :(

I've just had the same letter! I've had the jab also, I don't know to much about it really? Xx

Everytime you have an MMR I think it only gives 95% of people total immunity - or is it 99? I forget the exact figure!!!! But that does mean there's always a few folk who don't quite make the antibodies after the vaccination.

It's nothing to worry about, so long as you make sure that you avoid anyone that might have a rubella infection. Because so many people are vaccinated the chances of that happening are minimal, but if you catch rubella while preg it can cause birth defects such as deafness & blindness, so it is really important to be vigilant.

Usually you'll get offered a postnatal MMR - they can't do it while preg due to the whole birth defects thing, but I recommend you have it done.

So long as you're aware, everything will be fine xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->