Not Knowing Whether I'm Ovulating or Not is so Frustrating :'(

ameeann

Reaction score
I need to stop letting this get to me . . .

This is my first "real" cycle after coming off BCP mid September, ( I had my WB then 53 days later AF showed her ugly face :( )

I'm only on cd 14 atm so I know it's still like the earliest the average woman ovulates . . . but I'm soo frustrated with the fact that I haven't had ANY positive OPK's yet :(
this is my first month using them . . . and as I said it's only cd 14 so I know I'm being utterly ridiculous by getting so frustrated so early on but gah!
I just wish I KNEW I was going to ovulate this month :( that's the only thing I care about!

sure a BFP would be amazing but for now I just want to know ovulation has returned!!!

is any one else in this situation? or ever has been?

sorry guys, for being such a marter! :(

I was in the same boat when I came off. problem is normal cycle has started but you wont know how long it should be until af. your o day is a minimum of 12 to 14 days before af. so I would say you have about another week. you will know as a few days before you will notice more cm. not trying to be grose lol but was in same situation and I paniced thinking I was broke. mine this month was 12 days before af. and I have a 36 day cycle. you can ovulate late but the time between ovulation and af will roughly be the same. so it a good way to tell if you are late or not. do you have any idea of how long your cycle is? do you take temperature? x

I was in the same boat when I came off. problem is normal cycle has started but you wont know how long it should be until af. your o day is a minimum of 12 to 14 days before af. so I would say you have about another week. you will know as a few days before you will notice more cm. not trying to be grose lol but was in same situation and I paniced thinking I was broke. mine this month was 12 days before af. and I have a 36 day cycle. you can ovulate late but the time between ovulation and af will roughly be the same. so it a good way to tell if you are late or not. do you have any idea of how long your cycle is? do you take temperature? x

ooo okay! Yeah that makes sense . . . actually I took an OPK today twice actually lol anyway . . . they're gradually getting darker! No where near positive but hopefully its a progression!!
haha no I know what you mean, I feel horrible mentioning CM and things but it has to be done!
before the BCP I was on a 36 day cycle too . . . so hopefully that'll be what its returned to! by the looks of it . . . it might be! lol
I'm starting temping tomorrow (thermometer came today) I know it's late in my cycle but if this month isn't BFP then at least I'll have a little bit of a trend for next month!! :D
thanks for replying!!!

I am really a temping advocate now. I bought the BBT my first cycle and used it twice and I was like like screw this, it's a hassle. Then I stuck to it my 2nd cycle and it really was helpful and reliable. The OPKs may work for you but I found them to be difficult for me they started off faint then got darker and stayed at a near pos for about 8 or 9 days then got lighter again then got darker so I gave up on them :wacko:

hahaha!!! ok weird! tehe but yehh I know what you mean, they can be unreliable and just because it says positive doesnt mean your ovulating, it just means you have had a LH surge, which some women can have all the time!! (might explain you!! lol)

I've started temping now though . . . hopefully it'll work/ I'll stick with it!!
xx

I think its good to do both. I wanted to try OPKs again this cycle because I bought 50 ICs from Amazon so I still have a bunch left. I will be traveling from CD 14-20 though so I don't want to deal with that while on vacation and staying with the in-laws! But if I haven't ov'ed yet by time I return I will give them a shot again :thumbup:

sounds like a plan!!!
hopefully mine getting slightly darker each time means OV is coming . . . eek! lol I hope so! this not knowing is killing me!!

I have heard from many others that it happens like that. Good luck! :happydance:

ooo okay! Yeah that makes sense . . . actually I took an OPK today twice actually lol anyway . . . they're gradually getting darker! No where near positive but hopefully its a progression!!
haha no I know what you mean, I feel horrible mentioning CM and things but it has to be done!
before the BCP I was on a 36 day cycle too . . . so hopefully that'll be what its returned to! by the looks of it . . . it might be! lol
I'm starting temping tomorrow (thermometer came today) I know it's late in my cycle but if this month isn't BFP then at least I'll have a little bit of a trend for next month!! :D
thanks for replying!!!

If you haven't ovulated yet, then it's not too late to start temping! Just be sure to temp at the same time each morning as soon as you wake up (before you get up or speak) xx

hahaha!!! ok weird! tehe but yehh I know what you mean, they can be unreliable and just because it says positive doesnt mean your ovulating, it just means you have had a LH surge, which some women can have all the time!! (might explain you!! lol)

I've started temping now though . . . hopefully it'll work/ I'll stick with it!!
xx

THIS^^^

What she said about multiple LH surges is so true. It's more common with longer cycles (like your 54 day cycle) and can even happen with regular 28 day cycles. It's common to have multiple surges coming off bcp xx

I've not had an LH surge yet so fingers crossed when I do, it's the real deal! started my first temp today!! :D

Can I join this thread ladies? I also came off BCP's Sept (the 11th) & this is my first month OPKing. I have had some lines darker than others on and off, and think I am due to OV tomorrow the the day after, but none very dark-most faint =( I am so nervous that I haven't even O'd yet since coming off BCPS! I am hoping for a BFP before next year!

are you temping as well? thats the only way you'll know if you OVed for sure!

I've had no lines all month, then one day I had one uber dark one, where the left hand side of it was very close to the colour of the test strip, so looking at that and other signs I think I OVed, I just think I caught the tail end of my surge as some people have wind up lines and wind down lines!

so fingers crossed thats what it was!!
My temp has gone from 36.11 DC to 36.30 DC in two days so it's looking good for me!!

good luck hun!!

I have been having the same fear all month!!

If this month is not a success then it is on to opks AND temping. Supposed to O today I think, tomorrow the latest, and VERY light line this am =(

hi when I do my opks mine go slightly darker for the week. I even get paranoid that ive missed it. I must admit, I even kept them to compare from the previous day this month. I dont think my husband likes comparing the colours I think he just thinks im mad lol. it is very stressful waiting for that dark line x

Its so stressful waiting for the dark line! My surge is so short im not sure i even caught mine tbh! Lol weve done anough BDing so im hopeful! Lol
Im just waiting now for my temps to show that i OVed and ill be a happy girl...for wo weeks! Lol i am hopeful though as my temp is higher than normal today... Fingers crossed!

So from what I have read, can it be possible to not get a pos OPK and still OV?

ohh yes! lol you can never get a pos OPK and still ov. . . (you may have missed your surge!) and you can get a pos OPK and not OV lol!! it's quite scary! but an LH surge is a good sign of ov!! ohh and get BDing lady!!! tehe

Hi everyone. I'm going to start the whole temping and using opks after this af (if it ever comes). I stopped taking bcp in may and have had 2 late cycles because of it. This cycle included. I am 9 days late. I may have spotted last night but then this morning ;nothing.:shrug:This is completely unusual for me but since coming off bc I guess anything is possible. I think I am ovulating though so I think it's just a case of late ov. I guess we will see when i start charting. Good luck ladies!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->