Not Ovulating?

joyfulinhope

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I'm curious if anyone has had any similar experiences to this: Last month, I got two separate positive LH surges on my OPKs (CD 23 and CD25). My OBGYN says it wasn't a big deal, unless the same thing happened this month. *Of course* it did and I need to call on Monday to set up an appointment for a progesterone test to see if I've ovulated at all since I got off the pill in December. We've been TTC for 4 cycles now and nothing :(

Has anyone else dealt with anything similar? :shrug: Looking back now, I'm fairly confident that I haven't ovulated and that my progesterone test will confirm this. It seems so early to go on Clomid, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks, girls!

You can get two surges and still ovulate, sometimes the body starts to gear up for ov but doesn't quite get there and tries again later.

Have you considered charting with basal body temps? It would tell you if you ovulate or not.

Thanks, mmMIm! I just started temping on Saturday - so far so good (well, except for the whole Daylight Savings thing!). I'm going to keep a close eye on things this cycle and my doctor will have me in for progesterone testing this cycle to see if I am ovulating or not. Just really nervous, didn't think I'd have given up this early in trying!

Hey joyful, I know that for me(and everyone is different) I don't ovulate on my own. I've temped, used opks, take multivitamins and what not. And theres nothing. I'm glad your Ob Gyn is willing to help you so soon! Mine won't till I hit the 12 month mark which is still 3 months away... which royally sucks... but don't give up!!! There's supplements you can try!

I hope this isn't too personal, Mrs. McCurdy, but do you not ovulate at all or are you just irregular? I'm hoping to have better luck this cycle with the Clearblue digital ovulation tests instead of the internet cheapies, but we shall see.

Best of luck to you ladies, fingers crossed for all of us!

From what I can tell, I ovulated once and actually got pregnant but was very soon to m/c and I don't think I've O'd since. And I Know that 3 of the 4 months before that I didn't either. I've tried a few natural things and they don't seem to help. I went to the Ob for my annual and told her everything. she took some blood tests and they all came back normal. But more to be done in 3 months if nothing happens between now and then.
Good luck this cycle!! Fx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"