• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Not prepared at all!!

golcarlilly

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
God I just suddenly feel so completely unprepared for all this!

I haven't really bought much at all so far - pram, nursery accessories, a steam sterliser, changing mat and bag, some nappies and some clothes, and I have a list a mile long of things we need!

My nursery isn't even stripped of all the wallpaper yet.

I haven't read up on breastfeeding properly.

Not given my birth plan a minutes thought.

No idea how to care for a baby (even though I do already have a DD she is nearly 16 so I have forgotten!)

AAAARGH!!!!!! I feel panic stricken today :hissy:

Is anyone else stressing?

Yup me too! All I have is a crib and a baby chair from my sister.
We are hoping to buy before LO arrives so we won't be doing up a nursery until we get something as we are renting now.
I can't even think about the birth as it freaks me out!
I haven't a clue what to buy and new borns are so teeny and fragile they scare me!
Plus one of my colleagues at work told me we should be booking into childcare now - I don't even know where to start or what to look for:dohh:
I think once I pass viability i hope to get my ass into gear!

I know how you feel!

You have bought more than me! I only have a pram and cot, and a few clothes. I need to get everything.

I haven't done any reading about BF, Birth plan, drugs etc. I have a MW appointment in a few weeks I will need to speak with her then about everything.

Work are now starting to stress me out, giving me loads more work which I have to finish before I leave. I feel like bring my Maternity leave forward for some peace and quiet.

bless ya hun. you are going to be like a 1st time mum again (dont mean that nastily).

can you not buy a few bits each week? this is what i have been doing.

you said you've got a steam steriliser but have you got any bottles incase you cant BF or have probs? do you really need everything that is on your list? or more to the point do you need it all B4 LO arrives? is there stuff on there that you could ask family and friends to get you?

birth plan - when you get mins just think about what you do/dont want. any definate NO's need to be written down - i dont want an epidural and that is written in big letters on my notes. plans dont always go as planned so be prepared for the worst.

my LO doesnt even have a nursery. he's sharing the room with lil man, but it could do with a coat of paint as some walls are blue and green and others are purple and green where i ran out of paint, OOPS!

everything will be fine, your jsut having an off day. x

You have plenty of time hun! Chillaxxx. Hehe.
I've got nearly everything i need but now oh might be getting a house so we can move in together, he has to change his car, is thinking of going for a promotion at work or change jobs. . .all that stress. I've written a list of what to pack in my hospital bag even though i want a homebirth. Haha. But not done my birth plan or anything else. X

Tehe! I have nothing, have looked at nothing and wont do until I get back from holiday when I'll be 27 weeks! It will be okay don't worry, baby stuff is so easily available now, I figure a decent list to work through of essentials is all thats needed, any thing else is a bonus!

I only just read the leaflets the consultant gave me about my medication for pregnancy....it says I'll be induced at 38 weeks! who knew! LOL!

I haven't read any books or done anything else! don't worry it will all work out :) xxxx

Don't worry, it will happen! You're all much further than I am, but I have not bought anything, considered what I will need, shopped, etc. I don't plan on doing so until I find out what I have in there:) Sure hope there's no problem finding out or my ideas will get scrapped and I will have to go blindly and start buying here in the next couple of months! Looks like most of you are getting ready to move into 3rd tri soon, and fast forward with all this. It will get done! All the baby really needs are the basics, and a lot of love! YOu can buy and buy once they are here, so just think of the absolute immediate necessities, make sure you have them, and then take it one task at a time.

I haven't bought anything yet, not a single sausage! I'm waiting at least until after our 20week scan, but possibly not til after we're viable... then the shopping (and possibly a little panicking) will start in earnest :)

Try not to panic honey :hugs:

I've just been buying a few things as I go along... checking eBay for any bargains etc. Got a lot of things now (didn't realise just how much until I saw this thread and started thinking about it) - only main stuff outstanding are the cot/mattress, travel system and consumables like nappies, lotions and baby clippers etc. Got a freebie bag of clothes and I know people will supplement that once baby is here, as who doesn't like looking/buying tiny baby clothes??!!

As for discussing a birth plan with the midwife, as one of the other girls has already said as long as you think you know what you don't want you'll find a birth plan emerges by itself.

I'm planning on breast feeding Peanut too, haven't read up much about it, but I did ask the MW for a few leaflets and she gave me some good info.

Just remember that baby doesn't actually NEED a lot of stuff to begin with - if need be at the last minute a trip to Asda or Tesco can always be done and you can pretty much get all the basics and everything you need there!!

I've got my travel system, a swing thing, some clothes, fabric for the stuff I'm going to make, and... an unfinished cradle. My husband's making all of the furniture but it's frustrating because I'd want it all done ASAP and he kind of procrastinates a little bit... but as long as it's done in the end....

I need a lot more things, but I'll have a baby shower and hopefully get at least a little bit of what I need from that. Then I have friends and family who won't be able to go to the baby shower who'll be told what's left that's needed. Then after I get ALL of my gifts, I can go and buy everything else myself. It's really frustrating not knowing what people are buying or want to buy or whatever. I have to wait for other people to finish their shopping before I do mine?

Everyone's asking me if I'm doing birthing classes and all sorts of classes and "Do you have this?" "Do you have that?" "What are you doing for this?". It can get overwhelming.

Your not alone - I haven't bought anything yet. Not a single thing partly cos I still get paranoid about jinxing myself and partly I find it all a bit overwhelming - there is so much in terms of choice how do I know I am getting the most appropriate thing for my baby.

We are currently living with inlaws and even if I did want to start buying stuff they would interfere or have something to say about it - oh and we are in the process of moving and will be doing so (fingers crossed - it all goes through) when I am very close to my due date - yay! - not!

I have a changing bag, some clothes and some toiletries - that's it!

We do have our pram and crib on order - not thought about cot and nursery furniture yet.......

My main worry is having the room ready ... we are relying on builders to move a couple of walls and they haven't even started yet ?: I don't want to be stressed later on because it's not ready.........

As for caring for the baby itself.... I keep reading my books, but it's scary!!

I'm hoping it will just fall into place over the next 2 months.........

Oh my goodness i am sooooooo unprepared! I have next to nothing ready. I feel like i'm living in a little bubble waiting for someone to do it all for me! It all started with my crying fit in Babies r Us when i realised i know nothing and don't have the ability to decide between the millions of products available! Its been head in sand since! Was FAR too scary! xxx

Oh my goodness i am sooooooo unprepared! I have next to nothing ready. I feel like i'm living in a little bubble waiting for someone to do it all for me! It all started with my crying fit in Babies r Us when i realised i know nothing and don't have the ability to decide between the millions of products available! Its been head in sand since! Was FAR too scary! xxx
I know about it being hard to choose, but add on top of that my natural inability to make decisions, and my husband usually having different taste... ugh, shopping can get really frustrating really fast.

apart from a few baby grows I haven't bought anything either, and the babies room needs wallpapering at some point! lol!!
I had a stress about money on sunday, but have calmed down again now!

I know about it being hard to choose, but add on top of that my natural inability to make decisions, and my husband usually having different taste... ugh, shopping can get really frustrating really fast.

We're in the same situation! I can not make decisions at all and hubby never agrees with the ones i do make! Thats why i was glad our baby is a girl because we could only agree on 2 names and they are both girls names! (I did secretly want a princess though!) x x x x x x

Oooo me neither, one pack of vests & one outfit... that is it! the trouble is we HAVE to pay credit cards off so we won't have money to buy stuff for baby until end of June! That's when we'll get going on all the buying. Just hope baby doesn't come early!!

DOn't worry, looks like a lot of us are in the same boat, and as has been said already, they don't really need as much as we first think! x

We're in the same situation! I can not make decisions at all and hubby never agrees with the ones i do make! Thats why i was glad our baby is a girl because we could only agree on 2 names and they are both girls names! (I did secretly want a princess though!) x x x x x x
LOL! Same for me, except with the boy... :rofl: We agreed on a girl's name, but then later on he couldn't even remember the first name, only the middle name, and when I told him what it was he made an "ew" kind of face. :cry: Oh well, he's a boy, so no worries!

We don't even have a nursery yet! DH is remodeling so we can have a nursery and well...it's a far way off yet. I wish I was decorating by now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"