Not Really Sure what to Think about these OPK's- What would you do?

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
Pic's are uploaded. The strip is a One+Step LH tests, the other is an expensive FR OPK Test, you can clearly see the line the the FR is barely there, indicating a negative. BUT the One+Step is + or d*mn near +. What would you think? I'm confused. I would think that the FR would be more reliable, but if I trust the FR could I be missing my LH surge window? I also started to get the beginning of ewcm today, not completely there yet, but that's where it's heading, which lines up with FF as well. What do I do at this point? All advice and experience with these brands of opk's would be greatly appreciated. I think the One+Step says sensitivity of 20mIU, does anyone know what the sensitivity of the FR one's are?

Thanks for all your help ladies! You Ladies are Spectacular!!!! :flower:
Don't know what I would do without you, bc lord knows, hub's is of NO use when it comes to this stuff! LOL :haha:

Attachments

• FRand1plusStepLHTestsResults4.23.16 012.jpg
    FRand1plusStepLHTestsResults4.23.16 012.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4
  • FRand1plusStepLHTestsResults4.23.16 021.jpg
    FRand1plusStepLHTestsResults4.23.16 021.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 5
  • FRand1plusStepLHTestsResults4.23.16 024.jpg
    FRand1plusStepLHTestsResults4.23.16 024.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 6
I would class both as negative

I got the same one step ones and got a very near positive today and yesterday but i was only on cd8 so nowhere near ovulation time for me i think they are really sensitive.

I got the same one step ones and got a very near positive today and yesterday but i was only on cd8 so nowhere near ovulation time for me i think they are really sensitive.

I used them last month with no issue's they worked exactly as they should have, or I guess I should say they lined up with all my other fertility cue's. I'm not temping atm though, I'm in the process of ordering one though, just trying to get suggestion on brands (but that is a whole nother post, lol) so I'm not sure what to think. I would take the One+Step as a true positive but I'm stumped as to why the FR is SO light, and the cheapie is gearing up for a + like tom or the next day, which would be right on.

I was curious if anyone else had used the FR's and if they stayed light like that and then all of sudden went dark, or if I maybe got a bad batch? Bc I've been testing with the FR's for like five days now and they are all the same, exactly the same. Thats why I even pulled out the cheapie today to do a double test, because I should be nearing an "o" and getting darker OPK's...

It depends on the sensitivities of the tests. If the one step is 20miu and the FR is 30miu then that would explain it x

It depends on the sensitivities of the tests. If the one step is 20miu and the FR is 30miu then that would explain it x

should I not be using 20's? Like am I maybe jumping the gun too soon, lol, pun intended. :haha:

It depends - I use 20miu to get a sense of when it is getting close then use 30/40 miu to confirm when they are positive x

It depends - I use 20miu to get a sense of when it is getting close then use 30/40 miu to confirm when they are positive x

So is a + 20mIU one not really considered a "true" +? Do I need to buy the 30's atleast to make sure it rises to that, or does the level not really matter? just as long as their is a surge?

Personally, I wouldnt class that the IC as that close to being positive - I gets those for a while. But it does give you an idea that it's building up.

You know when you have a positive on those ones if those as they are so dark (see attached), whereas the FR one will probably just be the same colour and the control line - IYKWIM

I don't think the strength really matters they will both show a positive when it happens, it's just that the FR will suddenly go positive rather than build up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member