Not sleeping? This works for me

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Lallie, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Lallie

Lallie Well-Known Member

Between getting up ten times a night for a piddle, waking myself up with aches and pains or kicks, and, lately, my hubby's desperate attempts to stop my ear-melting snores, I hadn't had a good sleep for months.
    I'd fall asleep ok after a nice warm bath but getting back to sleep after being woken was my problem until....audiobooks. I download them onto my phone from iTunes, stick my earplugs in and within minutes am back to noddyblinkers, it's just like being read to when I was little. It takes my mind off anything that is keeping me awake and off I go. Only trouble is remembering where I am up to as I always fall asleep really quickly. I hope this helps someone else catch up on missing zzzz's.

2. southerngal2

southerngal2 Well-Known Member

Great idea! I never thought of trying that!

I'm having a horrible time sleeping too and sometimes it takes and hour or two to get back to sleep.
    I am going to give this a try!

3. feedindy

feedindy Well-Known Member

Nice idea! Sometimes some soft music helps me fall asleep.

By the way, I always use the word "piddle" at home and my husband thinks it's hilarious. I love that word.

4. Crazy4Emily

Crazy4Emily Mom to Emily & Expecting!

I have slept sooo badly the last few weeks. I can't get comfortable, i have horrible dreams, and my DH and DD are conspiring to wake me up twice a night regardless. I'm sooo exhausted. I threatened my DH to go to a hotel for a few days if I didn't start getting some real sleep. LOL

5. Brookey

Brookey Well-Known Member

I keep having nightmares! usually about the baby...it does make you feel like you havent slept all night.x

6. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

Last night I even dreamt that I couldn't sleep!

7. 0_o

0_o Me, Df, Ds + Dd

I downloaded a white noise application on my phone. It has things like a beach setting, storms, all sorts. I definitely recommend them. XX

8. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

Good idea I did this with my son. I'd listen to books I'd already read (twilight :blush:) so it didn't matter where I got to I just picked it up again the next night.

9. misstia

misstia Well-Known Member

Aromatherapy eye mask. Smells of lavender and chamomile......... can't sleep without it. The other night I lost it in the middle of the night...LOL my hubby helped me tear the bed apart because I would complain all night if I didn't have it............. I somehow stuffed it inside of my pillow case when I was asleep....

LOL..... I kept saying I can smell it when I lie down, but where the heck is it when I sit up????. :haha:

10. sargmel

sargmel Well-Known Member

My boyfriend has been sooo sweet - he sleeps on the couch most nights as he knows I don't sleep with him snoring in the bed. I tell him everynight to come to bed but he doesn't. :)

11. miss cakes

miss cakes Well-Known Member

might try that on my son who thinks i only need 3 hours a night!