Not so smug now...

SareBear

Reaction score
Take heed girls.I've popped back from third tri just to give you a grave warning...
When people ask if you've any stretch marks, don't do what I did and reply very smugly, 'No, non at all. I don't think I'll get any.Good genes you see...'

WRONG and WHAT A NOB I was.

I hit 35 weeks and still not a blotch, hit 37 weeks and I've got rip roaring stripes right over the front of my bump.:cry:

My advice, invest in BIO OIL like it's going out of fashion and don't rest on your laurels. This happens to LOTS of women during the last few weeks:cry::cry::cry::cry:
x x x

yikes. i am already getting some on my BBs, not happy about that! does bio oil really help?

I got them on my BB's after week 12! AND I was using bio oil! My tummy is fine (so far).

Yikes! I hope this doesn't happen to me... (prays hard)

ive been using it for a while now, but still got a few marks, hoping there not guna get outa control.........even using normal babyoil/coco butter is better than nothing i think xxx

sry to hear this hun, FX they will fade in time x

Oh dear, When I was expecting my first I was confident I had none. In the labour ward the MW said how small and neat my bump was and I was also feeling smug!! After baby was born I looked again and UNDER where I could see by looking down whilst pregnant and there were loads of purple lines, I now have them all over my tummy. Oh well!!!

oh no, iv got a few on my thighs, when my mum was preg with me she had none and 1 day over due she got one

Oh dear! Advice taken and Bio Oil being applied as we speak!!! Thanks for the warning! I keep thinking as i used to be 6st heavier i MUST have lots of room to grow but you're right, you just never know! :hug: to you x x x x x x

Ladies ladies ladies!!

Wear your stretch marks with pride, like a medal. They have been earned by you bringing new life into the world which is a miracle and a blessing!!!!
Celebrate them and embrace them!!!!

Failing that then yes, BIO oil is the best!!!!

xxxx

Kiki, you are sooo right!! well said.
I have been known to call mine my battle scars, lol

im sorry to say i think if your going to get them you are going to get them!

yea maybe bio oil helps but ive never used anything through my last 2 pergnancies and havent used anything this time upto now and ive never got any stretch marks through being pregnant. my tummy doesnt have any at all.
got a few on my hips and tops of thighs but they are white now and i got them in the 10 year gap i had between my first 2 daughters.

its all in the genes i believe, i must have elasticated skin:rofl:

Awwww, thanks for the warning! I'm smearing E45 on every morning, I hope that's enough, Bio Oil is just so expensive and I've heard it doesn't even work...

lol...this thread is funny to me because I swore by that stuff during my first pregnancy then all of the sudden when I was about 8mos along I started breaking out into rashes all over my bump. Went to the dr and she told me I was alergic to the oil...I was soooo upset but come to find out it wasn't working anyways. I got plenty of stretch marks. Lukily all below the button so I'm ok with it. FYI they get lighter over time!! Can't really notice mine too much now just hope I don't get anymore!! Funny thing is I was only allergic during my pregnancy.

i didnt have any untill 38wks with my son now my tummy looks a mess

a few weeks a go my tummy was covered in tiny red lines. how strange these have gone now. im sure they were stretch marks, my boss seemed very smug telling me i had indeed got them.
where have they gone now not complaining and covering my bump:dohh: in bio oil have been the whole way through.lets hope they stay hiding

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->