Not so smug now...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by SareBear, Apr 9, 2009.

1. SareBear

SareBear Well-Known Member

Take heed girls.I've popped back from third tri just to give you a grave warning...
    When people ask if you've any stretch marks, don't do what I did and reply very smugly, 'No, non at all. I don't think I'll get any.Good genes you see...'

WRONG and WHAT A NOB I was.

I hit 35 weeks and still not a blotch, hit 37 weeks and I've got rip roaring stripes right over the front of my bump.:cry:

My advice, invest in BIO OIL like it's going out of fashion and don't rest on your laurels. This happens to LOTS of women during the last few weeks:cry::cry::cry::cry:
    x x x

2. star-dust

star-dust Guest

Oh dear......:hugs::hugs:

3. firegal

firegal Well-Known Member

:hug:

Thanks for the warning!!!!!

4. hopedance

hopedance Sam's mum and pregnant

yikes. i am already getting some on my BBs, not happy about that! does bio oil really help?

5. Pux

Pux Ryley's Mom

I got them on my BB's after week 12! AND I was using bio oil! My tummy is fine (so far).

6. becstar

becstar Sleep is for the weak

Yikes! I hope this doesn't happen to me... (prays hard)

7. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

ive been using it for a while now, but still got a few marks, hoping there not guna get outa control.........even using normal babyoil/coco butter is better than nothing i think xxx

sry to hear this hun, FX they will fade in time x

8. starah

starah Well-Known Member

Me too!!!! :(

9. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

10. soon2b6

soon2b6 Mum to 6

Oh dear, When I was expecting my first I was confident I had none. In the labour ward the MW said how small and neat my bump was and I was also feeling smug!! After baby was born I looked again and UNDER where I could see by looking down whilst pregnant and there were loads of purple lines, I now have them all over my tummy. Oh well!!!

11. loz

loz Well-Known Member

oh no, iv got a few on my thighs, when my mum was preg with me she had none and 1 day over due she got one

12. Armywife

Armywife Mummy to 2 beauties

Oh dear! Advice taken and Bio Oil being applied as we speak!!! Thanks for the warning! I keep thinking as i used to be 6st heavier i MUST have lots of room to grow but you're right, you just never know! :hug: to you x x x x x x

13. kiki

kiki Mum to Kirsty and Caidan

Ladies ladies ladies!!

Wear your stretch marks with pride, like a medal. They have been earned by you bringing new life into the world which is a miracle and a blessing!!!!
    Celebrate them and embrace them!!!!

Failing that then yes, BIO oil is the best!!!!

xxxx

14. passengerrach

passengerrach mummy to kai

yep it happened to me to

15. soon2b6

soon2b6 Mum to 6

Kiki, you are sooo right!! well said.
    I have been known to call mine my battle scars, lol

16. nikkip75

nikkip75 Well-Known Member

im sorry to say i think if your going to get them you are going to get them!

yea maybe bio oil helps but ive never used anything through my last 2 pergnancies and havent used anything this time upto now and ive never got any stretch marks through being pregnant. my tummy doesnt have any at all.
    got a few on my hips and tops of thighs but they are white now and i got them in the 10 year gap i had between my first 2 daughters.

its all in the genes i believe, i must have elasticated skin:rofl:

17. ShadowRat

ShadowRat Well-Known Member

Awwww, thanks for the warning! I'm smearing E45 on every morning, I hope that's enough, Bio Oil is just so expensive and I've heard it doesn't even work...

18. Kelley&Jason

Kelley&Jason Pregnant w/our4thblessing

lol...this thread is funny to me because I swore by that stuff during my first pregnancy then all of the sudden when I was about 8mos along I started breaking out into rashes all over my bump. Went to the dr and she told me I was alergic to the oil...I was soooo upset but come to find out it wasn't working anyways. I got plenty of stretch marks. Lukily all below the button so I'm ok with it. FYI they get lighter over time!! Can't really notice mine too much now just hope I don't get anymore!! Funny thing is I was only allergic during my pregnancy.

19. tmr1234

tmr1234 Guest

i didnt have any untill 38wks with my son now my tummy looks a mess

20. loulou2409

loulou2409 Well-Known Member

a few weeks a go my tummy was covered in tiny red lines. how strange these have gone now. im sure they were stretch marks, my boss seemed very smug telling me i had indeed got them.
    where have they gone now not complaining and covering my bump:dohh: in bio oil have been the whole way through.lets hope they stay hiding

:hug: