Not sure how to feel

TFSGirl

Pregnant with 1st bean
Reaction score
I am feeling a bit selfish being in this section, as my OH truly WILL be happy no matter what gender the baby ends up being, as long as the babe is healthy. He has 2 kids from a previous marriage who are both have CP and are non-verbal and confined to wheel chairs, and so a healthy baby for him will be a huge blessing. And although I know I will be happy and love my baby so much, and that is what I keep saying and telling people, a part of me keeps thinking it is a boy and I am feeling bonded to a boy already. We haven't yet found out the gender, we should be finding out June 5th, and maybe after that even if it is a girl I will be fine because I will be able to bond to her the way I feel I have with a boy, but part of me still is really hoping it is a boy... :shrug: I'm not really sure how to feel about all of it because if I was to be asked if I was going to have a healthy girl or an unhealthy boy, of course I would choose a healthy baby, I just have always had this thought and feeling and hope that I would have a baby boy first.

I just feel like if the baby is a girl I am failing her by feeling even a little bit disappointed :cry:

Hello! I understand how ur feeling. I think finding out the gender (instead of staying team yellow) is a good thing to to, will give you time to adjust to the situation if needed. On my scan day, it felt like a totally life changing day. Id only ever imagined having a girl and the thought of having to change my "mindset" was overwhelming. As it turns out i have had to change my "mindset" as i found out im team blue. Just to say i understand how your feeling...good luck with your scan and give us an update once you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->