Not sure how to feel.

baby9

Reaction score
I feel very lonely. None of my friends have bothered with me since I became pregnant. OH still gets to go off and do what he likes. I spend 5 days at uni and on placement working my **** off and at the weekends I do sod all because my friends are crap. OH recently quit uni (without consulting me) and works roughly 30hours a week. He has loads of spare time and does what he fancies. I just feel so alone, like nobody understands how im feeling and nobody is willing to support me...they couldnt care less.

Then theres the constant worry about the future. Did OH and I make the right decision to keep baby? I think he will be a part time dad just because he's too immature to put a baby first. So now im worried about how I'll cope alone with uni and a baby and no friends for support.

I wouldn't change vaby for the world, i just wish i could programme OH to be supportive!!

My OH was the same, I thought I'd end up doing it all myself, but dads find it hard to be involved in a pregnancy as they have no idea really! And when your LO is here you can go to groups and make friends, I know it's not much help but I didn't want to read & run :hugs: p.s. you're due 4 days after I was last year :)

My OH was the same. There is a saying that a women becomes a mum when she is becomes pregnant and a man becomes a father when he holds his baby. I believe in that.
OH was excatly the same as you's but he came around when bub was born, even then it took him a little while. But now he puts supporting his family before anything.

As far as friends go, mine were the same. The minute I got pregnant they were out the door. And being pregnant and the first 7 months of being a mum was lonely but then I joined some mums and bubs groups and playgroups and I made at least 1 good friend that I still have and OH also spends a lot of time with me now too.

I was 17 when I got pregnant with my daughter and her dad ditched out honestly I wasn't ready for a child so I placed for adoption because I wanted her to have more then I could give her. I think every pregnant women feels alone I'm married now and am having a baby and my husband is supportive but he still does his thing men don't become fathers until they see their baby.

Hey hun
Hope your OH comes around and is there for you and the baby more.
Sadly its true, that most time when you become pregnant as a teen your friends disappear.
Those arent your real friends tho, i know its hard when you feel like you got no one, but itll get easier.
Pm me if you need someone to talk with

Thanks girls. I've got a few close friends so I'm just going to cut ties with the two useless ones and move on.
As for OH, well today we had a row because I said I didn't like him hanging round with one of his friends who is supposedly on cocaine. He just went off on one saying I was being judgemental and theres no proof this 'friend' is on drugs as he could be making it up etc. I just don't want my child's father to assosciate with people on coke...perfectly normal but according to OH that makes me judgemental.
OH then asked if I was stressed out...well dur, you're bloody hopeless and I'm about to have a baby at the age of 18! Of course I'm stressed!!! I admitted that I think he won't be interested and that he'll disappear and he protested...but didn't seem too bothered. It was as if he agreed.

I'm just weighing up my options now. No idea what to do for the best. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->