Not sure how to word this...

proxy bump

Reaction score
So I understand that when pregnant the body goes through all sorts of changes. Mainly; the uterus. Which is kinda my question for you lot.

My first scan is in three days so right now all we can do is speculate that I am about ten weeks along. From a few weeks before I got my BFP I was having aches and mild cramping from my left ovary. Well as the pregnancy progressed the cramping has eased to mild twinges here and there.

But lately they have felt...higher up. Same position just higher up my body. I was wonder if it's normal at this stage of pregnancy or if there is a small chance I might be a little further along than suspected?

Sorry for the weird question. I just am curious about everything and also secretly hoping to be a tad further along so the wait until I meet my sweet pea is shortened by a little bit. lol

It's possible to be further along than you guessed if you weren't sure of your cycles to begin with, and it's possible that your uterus moved up sooner than it would with other ladies. I'm guessing that would depend on uterus shape and your frame :shrug: Enjoy your scan coming up! :)

Only you know your dates and when your last period was. If you are unsure of your last pd then yes you could be a little further than you thought. :)

Well from my last period I would be around 10/11 weeks today but it was a short period and I was feeling weird before it started and continued to feel weird to this moment. My sister had a light period for six months of her pregnancy, so I am unsure if I share the same genetics enough to have a similar issue.

Im also finding it hard to suck in my stomach as much anymore. Even my pants are unwilling to stay zipped :/

It's not a light period she had- just spotting from the uterus stretching! I had it all thru my pregnancy. Cramping and twinging is normal- at least for me. That also happened all through my pregnancy. As for the stomach sucking- probably bloat!! Hope this helps!

It is definitely possible. My aunt had a period throughout her entire pregnancy with one of my cousins.

And when I was pregnant with my son, I had mild to moderate cramping throughout most of the pregnancy. Your body does some weird stuff when you're pregnant, and it HURTS sometimes.

Well I figured but its what she thought. She didnt find out she was pregnant until five months, lol. The regular bleeding is what tipped her off though. Since she has an abnormal period and has gone months without one before.

At 10 weeks, your uterus would be almost to the top of your pubic bone but it's starting to push on things inside so you might feel pressure higher up.

And also, it's very possible to have a period while pregnant. I have a friend who didn't know she was pregnant with her son until she was almost 5 months because she had a regular period the whole time.

Actually, the flow of eggs is stopped completely once you're pregnant. Again- just the uterus stretching so many women mistake it for a period while being pregnant. That's a myth and is apparently not possible. As I have asked many doctors. I thought I was having one while pregnant too- the nurse laughed at me when I told her >_<

Don't feel bad, though. I felt like an idiot when they told me. But apparently it's a very common misconception :/

So I understand that when pregnant the body goes through all sorts of changes. Mainly; the uterus. Which is kinda my question for you lot.

My first scan is in three days so right now all we can do is speculate that I am about ten weeks along. From a few weeks before I got my BFP I was having aches and mild cramping from my left ovary. Well as the pregnancy progressed the cramping has eased to mild twinges here and there.

But lately they have felt...higher up. Same position just higher up my body. I was wonder if it's normal at this stage of pregnancy or if there is a small chance I might be a little further along than suspected?

Sorry for the weird question. I just am curious about everything and also secretly hoping to be a tad further along so the wait until I meet my sweet pea is shortened by a little bit. lol

It could just be your 'innards' rearranging. HCG and progesterone will cause changes in your dietary tract and the pressure you're feeling higher up could possibly be your intestines. It could be extra gas, bloat, or your tummy getting mushed around. I tend to get diarhea than constipation but either one can make my stomach feel hard and/or bloated. Not sure what your water intake is like, but if you're not getting 3-4 quarts a day that could be attributing to the discomfort.

If you had regular cycles its unlikely your further on.

I had no signs of being pregnant first time i found out at 18w6d.

Actually, the flow of eggs is stopped completely once you're pregnant. Again- just the uterus stretching so many women mistake it for a period while being pregnant. That's a myth and is apparently not possible. As I have asked many doctors. I thought I was having one while pregnant too- the nurse laughed at me when I told her >_<

No, it's not a myth to get a period while pregnant. There are plenty of examples (just ask Google) but my friend had fertile cycles even though she was pregnant with her son. She has an unusual situation and was diagnosed with having two uteruses (uterus didelphys). Her son was conceived in one but the other kept cycling until she was over halfway through her pregnancy. She was considered high risk for pre-term labor because of this.

I could lay down and feel my actual uterus a little before 12 weeks. It may be possible. I guess it depends on you personally.

Well I had my first dr appointment today and she did a mini scan on a hand held since my dating scan isnt for another two weeks. But she thinks im a bit futher along since my sweet pea was pretty active lol I didnt know my little bean was so jumpy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->