Not sure if my OH knows im off BC??? Bit of an essay :(

angelbump

Reaction score
So as the title says.... Im unsure whether my OH knows if im off BC?

Im not a crazy lady who is trying to trap him, by this i mean i have actually told him i was going to stop using my contraceptive patch and we talked about why and it was due to giving my body a break as periods were all messed up.

He knows this.
But since coming off it we have had very regular unprotected sex and he has told me he wants children and if it was to happen now we'd make the best of it.

But he hasnt mentioned the fact that im not wearing my patch, he never mentions anything about the fact that i could very easily get pregnant?

We are both very busy with work and stuff as of late, but surely if he was bothered about preventing he would be more vigilant right?
I dont wanna make it a big deal about it, as clearly hes either forgotten or just thinks it wont happen but if it does, i dont want to be faced with a situation where im very aware it would happen and he isnt?
And most of all id hate to start using condoms as we never have it would be a big change and obviously prevent pregnancy.

I need some advice ladies as iv been of BC now for nearly 2 months and falling pregnant is a very likely reality!!
Anyone else experiencing similar situations with there OH?
Do i say something?

Gahhhhh!
Thankyou in advance girls x

I would just make a passing comment like 'i feel so much better since I stopped bc' making it very clear that ur not on it anymore. If his face doesn't turn white as a sheet ur fine lol. I avoided this by letting my oh pick when I came off it lol

I agree with the above. Or even just saying you already discussed it so you stopped.

yeah just mention it in passing comment.

not mentioning that you're not wearing your patch could be his way of saying he wants a baby...and he isn't sure or comfortable (weird i know but there are men like this) talking about it at length. lol

good luck

I would mention it. You don't want to get to the stage where you find out you're pregnant then worried about what his reaction is going to be, it'll spoil the moment.

I'd mention it too. If you fall pregnant, you don't want to be worrying that he'll say you trapped him, or that he'll say he thought you were stopping next month or something.

Thanks ladies I think I will just say it very non chalant and breezy. Like I said its not that he wasnt warned just seems very odd to me that hes not so much even mentioned it and given that I wear my patch on my bottom usually lol its not like he wouldnt know its not there?

Thanks girls so glad I can come and get advice here x

I had almost the exact same thing happen, lol. Dh and i had an entire conversation one night and he said "today is your last day on the pill". Over the next week, we didn't talk about it, and I became really weary that maybe he'd forgotten? Sure enough, when I started breakthrough bleeding, I told him and he blanked for a minute before saying "Oh...that's right...I don't know how I forgot that!" *I* turned white as a sheet and said "Oh geez please tell me you knew that I wasn't taking it!"

It all worked out, but you'll definitely feel better if you KNOW that OH knows that you're not on any kind of BC. I find that my guy doesn't really like to get too deep into discussions about it and is content to just let me handle things - but every now and then I throw out an important piece of info just to be sure that he knows what's going on. :)

Thanks for replying lovenoel, exactly my oh is so oblivious with work and what not and to h its probably not that important enough to remember. I would just hate to get to "that situation" and him be completely unaware. Im gonna make a breezy comment tonight and let you all know how it goes :)
Sure he'll probably be like "crap" I forgot lol!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"