Not sure what to do.... Advice appreciated

Minnie_me

Reaction score
Been having pains since about 12 midday - sharpish pain low down on right hand side, lots of Braxtons, a few shooting pains and in the last 20 mins some pain in my lower back.

I don't want to make a fuss as I'm sure I'm not in labour (possibly very early labour but nothing anyone would get excited about), waters not gone, no loss of plug or show, baby still wriggling but I'm just wondering if this is normal and my body getting ready.

Am not keen to call community MW as left message last Tues when I was feeling unwell (first time I have ever called) and am still waiting for call back :growlmad:

My mum is with me for company but neither of us know what to do. I do however have an appointment with mh consultant tomorrow afternoon so am tempted to hold on :shrug:

Unless you are having very painful contractions, that get closer to together
and more intense (time them over a couple of hours and see) then i would
say its just your body preparing/very early labour. x

oooo i have had this today!!!!!
I had them last sunday and on and off in the week!
I had to go in for monitoring as LO not moving much and as i was lying there all hooked up i started getting them again! Pain in my lower back and thighs, really only thing i can compare them to is period pains. When the mw came and looked at the printout she asked if i felt the tightening and said it was more like period pains etc. She said well i ma over 37 weeks now, have i got my hospital bag and car seat ready to go and to just keep an eye on them. As they are a long way apart atm just be aware they are happening (how could i not be they bloody hurt lol)

So yeah... my (long winded) guess is very early contractions - could go on like this for a couple weeks yet i guess lol xx

That's terrible she never rang back, what about ringing your maternity Hosp and they might put u onto a staff nurse cause you don't have to lose your plug or break waters to be in labour cause I didn't with DD, good luck :hugs:

i had them tues weds and thurs nothing overly painfull but noticable uncomfertable and regular then they just stopped and im still pregnant and not happy lol. xxx

I have had the same for about 2 weeks now and they were SURE I was going into labor within days but I have held out this long :) I even had contractions that were 2 mins apart and really really painful on Friday evening and went in and they were sure they would be admitting me but no cervical change (still 2CM and 70 percent effaced) so I was sent home.

I would relax at home or get walking or doing squats! Could go on for hours or days (or weeks in my case)! Get LOTS of rest. Everyone told me to sleep sleep sleep these last two weeks and I was too nervous to sleep much and the contractions really began wearing me out.

Well, the pains continue, the back pain is becoming a bit of a feature so am wondering if this is a sign of things to come. Am staying calm and staying home and mum is going to spend the night so we can see what is happening. Anticipate that it will settle but time will tell :shrug:

i had them tues weds and thurs nothing overly painfull but noticable uncomfertable and regular then they just stopped and im still pregnant and not happy lol. xxx

me too - over the weekend. Was all set to organise baby sitters and get OH back from work (1 car was in an accident on Friday so down to one car and we live in the middle of nowhere - an hour from the hospital) - and my last baby was induced and super super quick.

But all that excitement and planning in my mind for nothing. I wasn't actually quite brave enough to yell - This is IT!

Lucky in hindsight.

And then my hubby last night tells me that if I could please not go into labour for the rest of the week as he has some meetings that he has to be at.
Nothing like issuing a challange:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->