Not sure what to do..

S

Serene123

Hey girls :blush:

Hope you're all alright! Well after my PG scare this month I know emotionally I'm ready for another baby. Physically too? Yeah, but could do with losing a couple stone. Not that that really matters. My problem is, I don't know if I want to rush into renting to TTC, or wait a year and have alot of money to buy the nice things that make life more comfortable an rent, or wait 18 months, have a 20% deposit and buy..

:shrug: I should decide what's more important to me right?

Definitely Toria. You have to be 100% happy in whatever you decide to do hun.

I might be wrong but I have a feeling you might already know where your heart is. x

You need to do what makes you happy x x

You do - and whether you will let your heart or your head win. Sometimes listening to your heart is the only way to happiness....whats the point of being sensible if it makes you miserable? Take care xxx

I'd wait and buy, but that is just me!

You have to decide what is right for your existing child and any others that might come along!:cloud9:

Do what you think is best. Dont worry about buying. Its not neccesarily a good thing about now. If I was you I would just TTC now as your ready... then save for 6 months or so then move before baby number two comes with a bit of savings in your pocket. Nothing wrong with renting buyings overrated.

Caitlyn really loves playing with other children. She also loves playing with my nieces dollies! She gets excited at the one that makes noises. It's the cutest thing.. :blush: I know that isn't a reason to have a baby, but it puts my mind at rest a little about her reaction to a new baby.

I don't want to TTC right this second.. I'm not going to start this month, or the next, but I'm starting to really feel like another baby would just complete everything.

Irrational perhaps, we were going to TTC in November-ish anyway? I feel insanely jealous of people who can TTC now.. :dohh:

we are waiting to ttc in october time but i keep wanting to start but its not the right time for us yet x

It's really something you can only decide for yourself, deciding what you would rather have and talking to your OH.

Another thing, you are going to need more than a 10% deposit, as I've looked around a lot at the minute and the minimum you need is 20% unless you have a "Gold" or "Advantage" bank account from the bank.

If you really do want a house you could look into the home buy scheme from the government, I know after 5 years the deposit gets charged interest on it but really its going to be no more than the interest you're paying on your mortgage and after 5 years we will be out of the recession and your house will start increasing in value.

we looked at buying to toria and the way i look at it with things the way they are the house will never techinally be yors as most people will be paying off a mortgage for the rest of thier lives and never own the the house x

We wouldn't even get accepted for any mortgage at the moment our credit rating is bad :(
So we're renting a 3 bedroom

Toria, only you will know when the time is right for another child or to buy somewhere.. just carry on thinking about it and the answer will come to you xx

we looked at buying to toria and the way i look at it with things the way they are the house will never techinally be yors as most people will be paying off a mortgage for the rest of thier lives and never own the the house x

I know what you mean but you still own part of the house, even if you never pay it all off.

We bought 2 years ago ( I know getting a mortgage was easier then) and we will own our house by the time we are around 55, so by the time we retire and we have less income we wont have any mortgage/rent to pay.

I think there are merits to buying and renting depends what you want long term.

Another way to look at it is, a mortgage is maximum only 25 years, after that you wont have to pay anything whereas if you rent you will be constantly paying and at the end of the 25 years you could have owned a house. xx

18 months doesn't seem that long, but by then caitlyn will be 2 and a half! so by the time babies born she will be well over 3 years old. I never wanted that long an age gap... I don't know what to do!! :(

house prices down here in the south west are crazy to get a house the same size as what we are renting now would take us years to save for. each to thier own but t the moment there is way way in the world we can get a mortage and i personally wouldnt want the risk of losing it either

If you know I don't want your stupid opinion, close this before you even read it.

Hey girls :blush:

Hope you're all alright! Well after my PG scare this month I know emotionally I'm ready for another baby. Physically too? Yeah, but could do with losing a couple stone. Not that that really matters. My problem is, I don't know if I want to rush into renting to TTC, or wait a year and have alot of money to buy the nice things that make life more comfortable an rent, or wait 18 months, have a 20% deposit and buy..

:shrug: I should decide what's more important to me right?

Hey Hun,
Kinda know how u feel, i need to lose a bit of weight before TTC and also struggling with deciding wether to sell up and buy a bigger house, or sell up and rent till something comes on the market that we really like.
At the end of the day you should do what your heart & head tells you is the right thing to do.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do :) x

Wow! I wish i could ttc with you hun. We are in the very same predicament! We are wanting another bub so much now, but we are waiting to get a house. BUT our housing market is not as severe as yours. We only need a 5% deposit (which is about 10-15 thousand). Once we get our own place and can financially support ourselves off just Justins income then we will be ttc. Maybe if i'm lucky I could join you in nov! :)
I'm so glad things are going well for you lately hun

hey hun, only u can answer what u want to do but i think whichever route you take it will be the right thing, alot of people arent being accepted for mortgages at the moment maybe book an appointment with free mortgage advisor and see if u could get one, if not and your going to have to rent anyway then maybe TTc for number 2 now!

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"