Not sure whether to return to my mums..-update-she doesnt want me back!

Well mums turned round and said no anyway, her excuse was not been able to afford so when i said well ill still get IC she said no i dont want u back ere, you wanted a baby and a grown up life you deal wiv it. So obv been me i was FURIOUS and asked how as a mother she can turn her child away, cos reli i should be wiv her at my age anyway.. I just dont understand her :shrug: xx

I know this sounds harsh but I sorta agree with your mum, you got pregnant and you chose to keep the baby to me that makes you an adult and you need to stand on your own two feet. Your mother has had her babys and nights of disturbed sleep etc why should she do it again? I know some mothers do and thats great but it shouldn't relied apon.

I'm sorry but as a mother I would stand by my daughter NO MATTER WHAT! Ok I wouldn't be too happy about her coming to me pregnant but I sure as hell wouldn't turn her away from my door.
The OP's mother gave birth to her and brought her into this world, so she should guide her as much as she can...at 16/17 and pregnant this girl needs all the help she can get from her own family..FGS If you cant rely on your own family, then who is there to rely on?

Its not like i was asking alot, i didnt ask for my OH to leave did i? He sprung it on me suddenly, and i just needed my mum for a few months until i got back on my feet, well i needed her for when i go into labour reli. And as my mum i expect her to be there, i wasnt asking for help with baby. If my grandmother can take me in when its nearly 40 yrs since she last did it then my mum can. I dont agree with her thinking at all. She relied on her parents after having me!

And not many teen parents are living alone, well not ones who are 16. As my mum i expect her to support me when i need her, i was even gonna pay her to live there. It was literally for 4 months??you dont turn your children away, ill never ever turn Dexter away!

If that was my duaghter I would have her back :hugs:

I live on my own hun I moved out when I was 17 and it is hard.

Fair point aswell lexx but when I lived with my mum I did it all my self she didnt have any disturbed nights I dont think she even heard him

Have you got any other options hun
xx

Thankyou :flower: i understand some under 18s move away, Ive been living away from home since April, and its difficult. I just dont wanna be alone when im about to drop lol. Im moving to my grandmas x

Its not like i was asking alot, i didnt ask for my OH to leave did i? He sprung it on me suddenly, and i just needed my mum for a few months until i got back on my feet, well i needed her for when i go into labour reli. And as my mum i expect her to be there, i wasnt asking for help with baby. If my grandmother can take me in when its nearly 40 yrs since she last did it then my mum can. I dont agree with her thinking at all. She relied on her parents after having me!

awe, don't worry hun, i understand, I live at home still with my mom and I'm 19. I don't think its immature for you to want your moms help and I disagree with lexx.

:hugs: so sorry to hear this hon.
i totally agree, i would stand by my daughter, no matter what happened, including pregnancy at any age! we all need support when we have a baby!! xx

I wouldnt be able to sleep if i'd turned my daughter away. She says my brothers using my room now (hes got a table football in there) what a great excuse :growlmad: it annoys me because at 22 when i was 1 she moved back to her parents when she broke up with my dad. Its silly, we all need our parents at some point. My uncle still stays at my nanas some nights now and hes 41!! x

:hugs: Me too, if that wee Alex came to me pregnant and in need I would.
(but not forever! She'd need to show after a while that she was willing to stand on her own two feet)

Yep i totally agree. Im asking for 4 months at hers fully paid, id do her cleaning and whatever, i just need someone there and she cant do that.. I dont understand :nope: x

That woman's comment really p****d me off!
Even a woman at 30 something needs support off their mum through anything, She must be living in some fantasy world! Cos sometimes things do go wrong and you can't help it and everyone needs support , everyone has slips ups here and there and look im 15 and pregnant but im not pregnant cos i wanted a grown up life im pregnant cos i couldnt live with myself going through with an abortion, so some people have to take on the responsibility of having a child young, it doesnt mean they wanna go around "acting like grown ups"..Stupid woman she needs to come back down too earth!!
Sorry about the rant hun lol just hate people that are living in some fantasy world she doesn't have a clue! But i hope things work out for you, also personally i think you'd be better off with your nana cos i doubt your nana will be shouting and arguing with your brother etc plus shes gonna love the company! i wish i could be at my nan's for my pregnancy its so laid back and peaceful haha!
xx

It pissed me off too hun. We all need our families to lean on at times, no matter how old we are. Yeah it will be alot more relaxed shes like how i expect a mother to be, always fussing and making sure im eating right and the cushions are propped up behind me lol. X

And i agree with you on the grown up life too- i didnt ask for this either. My mums thought i was makin a mistake from the start tho.. X

Yeah a nan is what you need when your pregnant, And your mum may think that but shes got to realise its a "mistake" you cant ever go back on, wait for the bubba to come along im sure she'll change her tune cos every granny wants to see their grandchildren :)
xx

I hope it all works out hun, and ignore that woman's comment she had no right to say it was okay for your mum to just not help you for a little while. I understand completely where your coming from, i'm 19 and still living at home myself. I Hate living here sometimes but i know i'd be safer here than somewhere else without any support :(

She needs a reality check that mum of yours! I can happily slap it into her head for you? :)

Well you've got you nana and you've got us young ones and old ones to help you on here too xx

Im such a stubborn bitch tho, i dont get where shes comin from at all so im not really sure i want her in my life right now?it sounds silly and ill almost definitely change my mind but i really needed her to lean on and shes turned me away, i kinda feel like just turning her away? :shrug: x

Yeah i totally understand how our feeling, i'd feel totally the same its like a woman whose been there all your life has now turned you away when you needed her the most, all i can suggest is give it time things will fall in to place, now just concentrate on not trying to stress and to spend time with your nana cos atleast you know you've got her too lean on.
:hugs:
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"