Not telling my mom im pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Marlarky, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Marlarky

Marlarky Mommy&Expecting!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys idk if you hav seen my other post but i just found out im expecting #2 and they will be approx. 11 months apart. Im 20 and now a single mom but FOB and i were still doing the deed. My mom wasnt exactly excited about me getting prego at 19, and now that Im living with her I am scared that she will tell me to go back to FOBs' house and live with him, so I am not planning on telling her until I am obviously showing and she pretty much guesses it for herself. Do you guys thinkk this is okay to do?? We dont get along that great, we are just civil. When she does find out, she isnt going to be mad that I didnt tell her or hurt and upset or nothing, she will just be mad that I am pregnant again so I think it is best to wait for a looong time. Like as long as possible lol

2. Marlarky

And also, I think it is best to wait until late to tell her, because then she wont have long to be mad until she sees my beautiful baby <34

And less stress, etc of course lol :)

3. BrittneyMom

BrittneyMom Happy Mom of 2

I think since you guys dont have the greatest relationship it really doesnt matter when you tell her. Do you think she will tell you to go live with the foyb if you wait until last min stilll? If so, is their any way you can save up for your own place so you dont have to if you dont want to. Does he know, and is he supportive?

Good luck hun!!

4. Marlarky

Well im not sure what she would say at last minute about going to live with FOBs. but no i dont work i have no one to watch Aaron so i get govt assistance for money and my mom puts the roof over my head. I told FOB Wednesday and he wants me to come back to him, but he is so emotionally abusive, not to mention controlling about every aspect of my life that Im honestly just done with that B.S. lol

My mom and I do have a good relationship, great actually idk y i always say we dont, it just isnt good somedays, but i do know she will be very mad that im pregnant,

5. robinator

robinator Guest

Since she's gonna be mad anyway, I would put it off as long as possible and enjoy the peace while you can!

6. BrittneyMom

BrittneyMom Happy Mom of 2

Would he ever consider getting help or counseling, would you consider living with him than? I hate that you are having to go through this! I definetly think you need the least amount of stress as possible right now and if that means keeping it hush than so be it. I see your in the US, if you are a single parent and going to school you can get addt'l assistance with housing, insurance, cash assistance, etc. My cousins bf got incarcerated and he was the bread winner and she gets everything paid for right now as long as she is in school. could this maybe be an option?

7. Marlarky

I get cash and food, but Im going to have to look into housing because of all this. It wouldnt be so bad with my mom except that she is supposed to be the only one living here and children arent allowed, so if he knew I was living here with Aaron he would tell us to leave, yet enough with ANOTHER baby. So I must find my own place to live with both babies under housing assistance and then continue to live off of my cash assistance and food stamps until the new baby is 1 year old, and then I can work because I will get child care paid for. Plus FOBs will be paying child support so the babes can be taken care of mainly.

8. Marlarky

And no I will not consider going back. Too much pain and he will never change, I know this for a fact.

9. tryforbaby2

tryforbaby2 Proud & Blessed Momma!

I am just offering my opinion here.

I would personally start looking for a place now and get all of your ducks in a row. Then after all is said and done, then tell her.

Good Luck!!!

10. Marlarky

Yes that is basically what I am planning on doing, but I need to wait to get some housing assistance, and there is years of a waiting list.

11. baby05

baby05 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt tell her for a while! Usually I advise to tell, and get it over with, but waiting till 16 weeks or so sounds like a good plan at this point, and just make sure you are getting all your ducks in a row so you can be on your own ASAP. I will not be telling my mother or anyone, until at least 13 weeks if I wind up pregnant this cycle . I already know their opinions on the subject, and i don't need to be harassed!

12. Marlarky

I was hoping on waiting until between 20 and 30 weeks lol but thats if she hasnt guessed it by then anyway lol!!!