Not trying but preventing but feeling strange.

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
Okay, so I came off the Depo about 5 weeks ago as I forgot to renew it. Had unprotected sex the day it was due but doctor said not to worry about pregnancy as it's only an indication of when to renew to keep it active. But I'm getting scared because normally 48 hours of NOT keeping up with contraception I bleed - I always have done regardless of what I a taking. This particular occasion I didn't bleed so I did a test and it said negative and I have started to take my Pill again. But I have been feeling blah for the last 2 weeks and did another which also said the same thing. Given my history with my first son, the doctor ran bloods and they also came back negative. I am going to go see my doctor this week and request an ultrasound as I THINK I may have cysts on my ovaries but I don't recall last time I had them feeling bloated, bigger and tender in the breasts, queasy, sore back, tired by 6pm etc. I just didn't get a period. My other concern is that I have heard that blood tests CAN come back negative too and that some woman haven't even had enough HcG for a positive reading for up to 7 months. I'm scared that if my doctor orders and ultrasound they will find a baby. I don't think I am but the way I am feeling and what I have read have me concerned. I am about to start study and what to be back in the workforce in the next year so another baby right now isn't an option. Anyone else experienced this and what were the outcomes?

The depo shot is actually valid for 14 weeks, but you renew it every 12. I couldn't get a suitable appointment at 12 weeks and the doctor told me I would be fine within 2 weeks. If you had a blood test, pregnancy will always show.

I felt really odd after depo for a good 6 months. It is absolutely horrible to get depo out of our system! I wouldn't worry at all.

And depo is totally different - because it is so long acting, it didn't actually "leave" your body as soon as the shot expires. I always bleed soon after finishing contraceptives, but didn't bleed for a good few months after depo. It may take even longer now that you Are on the pill too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->