Not trying to conceive yet, but i'm scared

cnoll88

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage back in June of 08. It was my first miscarriage and it was one of the worst things I've been through. I've always wanted a baby since I can remember and when I got pregnant I was so happy. When we went in for our first ultrasound there was no heartbeat up on the screen. Since then I've been having maternal instincts like crazy. I bought two ferrets, thinking if I cared for something the maternal instincts would simmer down, I was wrong. I want to start trying for a family, but I'm scared of another miscarriage.

hey just came by to give you a welcome hug! I think we all feel like that, i know i do just now but there's so many women on here who have had beautiful babies after mc so try not to worry. X

Hi,

I'm new on here too and I'm finding it really helpful to talk about things with other girls who have been going through the same thing and everyone has been so supportive (unlike my friends at home). I had a MMC in November and am still trying. I really want to be pregnant again but like you am scared. I think it is natural to be afraid of it all going wrong again but I try to think that the stress is no good. What will be will be and worrying cannot change anything. sometimes you just have to get back on the horse and try again. You will have a beautiful family one day. Hugs xx

Hi - I totally understand how you're feeling - it is very hard and part of you is trying to protect yourself from what is a truly emotionally painful experience.

For me I have a 45% chance of mc even if I'm lucky enough to get my bfp - it's very scary as it is so high - but I just have to try - I can't imagine never having a baby of our own - that is as painful as the mc itself.

It's a terrible thing to have happened and will permenantly change your experience of ttc & pregnancy but if you do decide to get back on the baby wagon there's loads of lovely ladies on here who know exactly how you feel from ttc to pregnancy and beyond and there are hopefully lot's of loved ones close to you who will support you throughout your journey ( hopefully to a healthy, bouncy baby ! :) )

best wishes

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->