Not ttc related but urgent advice needed

kerry louise

Reaction score
Hi ladies, so like i said this is not ttc related but i really need some advice!

last week i told my manager in confidence about my pocs diagnosis and that i would be on clomid, the only reason i told her was because i needed time off and had to explain why, other wise i had no intentions of telling her, but never the less she knew how upset i was about it and i asked to her to please keep it to yourself. last night i had a phone call from work from one of my good friends and he told me that everyone i work with so 30+ now know about the pocs and the fact im trying for a baby whilst on clomid.

i am so upset that i trusted my manager with something so personal and i asked her to please keep it private, especially since i only got the diagnosis 3 weeks ago its still raw!

can anyone give me any advice as what to do? iv just had a week of work so tomorrow is my first day back & also the rumor is iv had a week of due to my pocs diagnosis which in fact is not the truth i had time off because it was my birthday. please help :(

I'm pretty sure it is a serious offense for management to share private health information of one employee with another. You may want to tell your human resources representative. If you don't have an HR rep then whomever is above your manager. They will likely get a very serious reprimand and think twice before disclosing anyone's private health information again.

I'm pretty sure it is a serious offense for management to share private health information of one employee with another. You may want to tell your human resources representative. If you don't have an HR rep then whomever is above your manager. They will likely get a very serious reprimand and think twice before disclosing anyone's private health information again.

I agree with tonks. How unprofessional of her she obviously doesnt realise how serious it is for her to disclosed any if your health information. Get to the hr department ASAP

:hug: xx

Thanks so much for your reply ladies! At first when i first found out i was pretty angry with her and then once i calmed down i thought maybe im being overly sensitive or over reacting!
But knowing i have to go into work tomorrow and everyone i work with knowing my personal health i feel very upset to know that people were obviously talking about me & my health its making me feel overwhelmed! Im still coming to terms with everything myself with it being just 3 weeks ago!
i really just wanted to be able to talk to my manager and it to stay between me and her, now i feel i can not trust her, i have joined the union so i will ring them tomorrow and see what they advise. This is not the first time she has done this to me she has done it on multiple occasions but i felt like it was not a big deal with it only being minor things but its getting to a point now where leaving is a serious thought :(

One of my colleagues confined in her that one of the gay members of staff was touching his bum and he felt really uncomfortable working with him, and she like me told everybody about it, she has always been the same with talking about others people private business.

i am definitely going to take this further, i just someone to tell me that she definitely told them otherwise i dont think there would be much i can do xx

Hey Hun, I'm sorry to hear your manager has told others of your private conversations, I'm a HR Manager and firmly believe you should speak out about this. We had one manager who I work with that did something similar, they were severely reprimanded and have since stopped discuss others personal business. X

Hi hun, thanks for your reply! i am very upset i just feel like i expressed to her how upset i was about it i even cried my heart out & told her everything (she new i something going on because i had to give her my hospital letters for time off to attend appointments) 2 of my close work friends know but i know they would never tell anyone else what i told them in confidence the only person left is my manager & like iv said she has done this to me before when iv had time off ill ect she told everyone else. My management at work dont seem to be very professional i tried to put a grievance in against a colleague and they basicaly pressured me into dropping it leaving me with no choice, even though the manage witnessed the whole thing, so i just have no idea what im ment to do :(

i dont think anyone will come forward and tell me for definite it was my manager, so i probably wont be able to do anything about it will i? thanks for your advice xx

i would make a formal complaint to her senior. it is unacceptable and im pretty sure she is not allowed to breach your confidentiality. he rseniors ought to consider whether she is a suitable person to be in a position of trust and responsibility.

good luck with the clomid and ttcing x

i would make a formal complaint to her senior. it is unacceptable and im pretty sure she is not allowed to breach your confidentiality. he rseniors ought to consider whether she is a suitable person to be in a position of trust and responsibility.

good luck with the clomid and ttcing x

Thanks for your reply hun! i appreciate it! im going to ring my union tomorrow morning and see what they would suggest as the whole place in general is stressing me out and really making me want to leave, im just so fed up knowing that everyone knows something so deeply private, they even know we are trying for a baby and are on fertility tablets (clomid) im just so shocked she would do something like that :( xx

Hi ladies, so this morning iv gotten off the phone with my union rep about the situation with my manager, he says unless i can prove it was her & someone she told will stand up in an investigation there is nothing i can do. im so so annoyed with the whole situation! :( xx

Couldnt your good friend who told you everyone knew be the person to step forward? Or at least help you track down someone who was told by your manager?

Hi guys, another update
i went into work yesterday and my friend spoke to people on her shift and one of the girls admitted my manager told her all about my pocs and even told her that when i was off work last week (for my birthday & i put this holiday in in april) i was having fertility treatment.. so i went to her manager yesterday and told him, but he was basically defending her saying he dosnt believe she would sey that (they are close & get on well) and he is apparently having everyone involved in a meeting today. however now i know it was her if he dose not take it further, i will go back to my union and push him to take it further, its disgusting everyone knows iv got cysts on my overias i try so hard to keep work and my private life private & the only reason i told my manager was because the clomid was making me quite poorly on one of my days in work and i had to leave early, and in order for her to understand the importance of needing to be home i had to tell her why (she already had my hospital letters appointments) ill keep you updated when i know what is happening, thank you xx

I'm sorry you're going through this :-( I think it's completely unfair and I hope the manager who told everyone feels remorse! I hope she does get reprimanded because she is in a supervisor position and should be able to keep things confidential as she will hear about confident al things at work from her employees. She had no right to go telling everyone your business :(

I'm sorry you're going through this :-( I think it's completely unfair and I hope the manager who told everyone feels remorse! I hope she does get reprimanded because she is in a supervisor position and should be able to keep things confidential as she will hear about confident al things at work from her employees. She had no right to go telling everyone your business :(

Thanks for your reply hun!
she has done it to me before she once made up a lie to a security guard and said that my partner was looking for sex elsewhere when he wasnt! this is the reason im pushing this to go as far as possible! it just makes me nervous that when i do finally fall pregnant i will have to tell her because i work with chemicals heavy lifting so i will have to do a pregnancy healthy and safety thing but i know she wont keep it private!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->