Not walking, when to worry?

MrsT&Ben

Reaction score
My lo is 14 1/2 months and doesn't walk unaided.

He crawled at 7 months, pulled himself up and cruised at around 8 months and took a few unaided steps in the last few weeks (but i think they were by accident rather than wanting to walk!)
Its not the not walking that's worrying me it's that he seems to walk with his feet and toes curved inwards. Is this normal?
He walks fine holding hands but as soon as you let go he takes one step and falls over.

Please help im really worried :(

i don't think there's a need to worry til he's about 18 months and if not walking unaided then, you may want to think about seeing GP...this is not to say children must walk by 18 months as some don't walk til close to 3 years! if you're concerned about his feet though then perhaps go see GP now anyway as best to catch these things early while bones developing

My LO didn't walk until 15 months and I wasn't worried. As mentioned, if your LO hasnt walked by 18 months then go to dr/health visitor.

x

Its called Intoe-ing, it should correct itself once he's confident with walking on his own, i wouldnt worry too much unless it doesnt go away past being a toddler or worsens or only happens with one foot, keep an eye on it if you think its the reason why he cant walk on his own then take him to the dr/hv to put your mind at rest.

I think 'they' say that yuo shuold see a Dr if they're not walking by 18 months, but those I've heard of who have, were told to not worry and come back if still not walking by 2. Ruby walked at 17 months and 2 weeks.

Its called Intoe-ing, it should correct itself once he's confident with walking on his own, i wouldnt worry too much unless it doesnt go away past being a toddler or worsens or only happens with one foot, keep an eye on it if you think its the reason why he cant walk on his own then take him to the dr/hv to put your mind at rest.

Thank you for this, just knowing it's called something puts my mind at ease!
Will mention it next time we see the gp :)

the boys arent walking yet - Fynn is nearly there but I have already booked in for Sam to see the HV at 18 months as there isnt a hope in hell that he will be walking.

My sis took her lo at 17 months and all they do is check they can weight bear and check their hips apparently - sam can weight bear and had a hip scan at birth (as he was breech) so think he must just 'lack determination' x

rhys has only properly walked for the last few weeks xx

My LO was 15 months after crawling at 7 months and cruising from 9 months. Doesn't sit still now, walking is the best thing ever!

I wouldn't worry, he will probably just take off one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->