Note to self: stay away from the scales!

NewMummyx

mummy to 1 and WTT
Reaction score
Just weighed myself out of curiosity and Im 8 stone 4lbs! :shock:
Im 31 weeks on Wednesday (5ft 1") and started the pregnancy at 7 stone 2lb but Im all bump so I didnt think it was that much tbh :blush:

I used to have a bit of an issue with eating and my weight so Im dealing with it in my own way, keep reminding myself its for the baby and I can lose afterwards :flower:

How is everyone else coping?

What is "stone?"

Not really clear on what my weight was before pregnancy; my scale pretty much gave me a 118-135 range from week to week and I find it very unlikely that my weight shifted that much that fast. (Scale has since been thrown away.) At my 12 weeks, I was 127.5 (at 5'10.5") and they didn't really say anything about my weight one way or another. So...I guess I'll see how I'm gaining in another 3-4 weeks, haha.

I think I'll probably gain faster when I get past the morning sickness and feel up to going to GET food...as it is now, I feel starved constantly but don't feel up to getting anything to eat :(

sorry hun, its a weight unit in the UK :)

https://www.convertunits.com/from/Stone/to/Lbs

Id wish id only put on 1 stone 2 ilbs! Its all going to drop off once we have had the baby!

Ive put on a massive 2.6 stone measured myself this morning as I was feeling like a whale and my legs have got huge!

Everyday think im going to be healthy but then I am really really hungry and bored so just eat junk food - cheese on toast and chocolate which is very bad and even just OJ which has loads of calories .....

One day get my slim figure back when im running after the baby - ive put it to the back of my mind but im feeling really really fat and wonder how the obese people could enjoy their figure cos its just so hard work carrying this weight around and so god dam uncomfortable around the stomach x

Honestly do not worry about it, With 1st went from 9.5stone-16.5 stone and lost it all again after. It all depends on how big baby is how much fluid retention etc. As long as your determined it does not matter what you,ve gained you can lose it. Hope this helps

Just weighed myself out of curiosity and Im 8 stone 4lbs! :shock:
Im 31 weeks on Wednesday (5ft 1") and started the pregnancy at 7 stone 2lb but Im all bump so I didnt think it was that much tbh :blush:

I used to have a bit of an issue with eating and my weight so Im dealing with it in my own way, keep reminding myself its for the baby and I can lose afterwards :flower:

How is everyone else coping?

thats funny cos i had not weighed myself at all this pregnancy until last week and was surprised to find id put on about the same amount of weight as you not because its a huge amount really i just didnt expect it as im all baby aswell in my first pregnancy id put on 4 stone by the end of it though and i did lose all the weight after its surprising how quick it does come off :) x

Maybe this will help you feel better hun! A lb = 2.2 kg sorry couldnt find it in kg or stones!

Baby: 7-8 pounds
Placenta: 1-2 pounds
Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds
Uterus: 2 pounds
Maternal breast tissue: 2 pounds
Maternal blood : 4 pounds
Fluids in maternal tissue: 4 pounds
Maternal fat and nutrient stores: 7 pounds

I was a bit upset when I weighed myself last week and realized that I had gained about 15 pounds/1 stone and I am only 23 weeks. But then I Googled weight gain during pregancy and found that you should gain:

If your pre-pregnancy weight was in the healthy range for your height (a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9), you should gain between 25 and 35 pounds, gaining 1 to 5 pounds in the first trimester and about 1 pound per week for the rest of your pregnancy for the optimal growth of your baby.

Based on that I have gained the recommended amount my gestation and you have gained less so there is nothing to worry about. The weight does come off fast esp if you breastfeed and take the baby for lots of walks.

I don't even want to weigh myself and am only 6 weeks.
Am so bloated and full of water retention and hungry all the time.

Have gone from a size 8 to a 8 to 10 in a month :(

OMG are you kidding?

I'm 5"2 and was about 8.6 BEFORE I got pregnant :shock:
I've been the doctors and I'm around 9 stone now and only just inbetween first and second tri.

I feel fat :dohh:

I'm 22 weeks & have gained 1.5 stone already!! & acording to the NHS website the majority of weight is gained after 20 weeks! Eeeek!! :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->