nothing found on ultrasound... please read

Praying for you! HCG varies so much.. They shouldn't base it just off that. I would wait to see if it's increasing before assuming anything. All doctors are different but mine won't do an u/s until it's above 2000 at a minimum... Because it's so hard to see things. They don't have they newest technology. I hope everything works out!!! Don't give up!

Was it a vaginal or abdominal scan? I had an abdominal scan at 4 weeks 3 days and they couldn't see a thing. I subsequently changed doctors because they didn't even own a vaginal scanner. An abdominal scan this early is a waste of time.

Good luck, can't wait to hear from you!

I agree with you that if the looked in the ovaries they should have found something if it was an ectopic. It really seems your tilted uterus is the reason why they didn't see it hun. Stay calm. x

Good luck.

I've never had HCG that high and mine were ectopics. Was it an internal scan?

My ectopics I was in agony with a beta of 600.

Yes it was a transvaginal ultrasound. I called my dr office today and the PA there pretty much told me that there was no hope of it being too early since my hcg was 1985.... that I'm either gonna miscarry or I'm having an ectopic pregnancy. But, if I'm gonna miscarry but haven't yet, shouldn't it have still shown up? And it should have shown up somewhere if it was ectopic? I just don't understand. I feel like my dr has already given up on me having a viable pregnancy.

They told me to just get my hcg repeated tomorrow and my ultrasound repeated next week and to go from there.

My body still feels pregnant. My boobs are sore. My emotions are all over the place. My progesterone is almost 14. I've had some cramping but nothing bad. And I've had some brownish and pink discharge, but nothing I even need a pad for. So, what are you suppsed to do when you feel pregnant but everyone is saying that nothing will come of it.

Yes it was a transvaginal ultrasound. I called my dr office today and the PA there pretty much told me that there was no hope of it being too early since my hcg was 1985.... that I'm either gonna miscarry or I'm having an ectopic pregnancy. But, if I'm gonna miscarry but haven't yet, shouldn't it have still shown up? And it should have shown up somewhere if it was ectopic? I just don't understand. I feel like my dr has already given up on me having a viable pregnancy.

They told me to just get my hcg repeated tomorrow and my ultrasound repeated next week and to go from there.

My body still feels pregnant. My boobs are sore. My emotions are all over the place. My progesterone is almost 14. I've had some cramping but nothing bad. And I've had some brownish and pink discharge, but nothing I even need a pad for. So, what are you suppsed to do when you feel pregnant but everyone is saying that nothing will come of it.

Your doc is a total idiot!!! Get another blood test and U/S, then switch doctors:hugs: I've had spotting with both pregnancies and nothing was wrong.

I can't believe they're basing all of that just on your hcg levels! At 14 dpo (4 w 0d), I had a really high beta at 562. Assuming things doubled like they were supposed to, I would have been at well over 2000 at 18 dpo (4 weeks 4 days), which would have been way too early to see anything. It is way too early for them to be making these kind of assumptions.

I, too, can't believe they are telling you these things just based on hcg. They should know better than anyone else that it varies wildly from woman to woman. My OB won't even do an u/s until hcg is over 2500 bc he says sometimes it doesn't show anything until it gets up that high with some women. you just can't tell anything at all by the hcg alone. I mean, mine was 18,762 by the time I was 4w6d and if you look at all the hcg charts, that number would have put me at 6 weeks, which I wasn't. That's why you can't just go by that number. I'm sorry that your dr is so negative. I hope you get good news with your next scan. Good luck.

Calidreaming- that actually gives me some hope. Although I'm trying not to get my hopes too high.

Thanks so much Scout. That also makes me feel better. Everyone on here is so wonderful.

Hi Bulldog mom. I'm just checking in on you. When is your next hcg to be done? Unfortunately it is back to the conception threads for me as my scan indicated a miscarriage starting to happen. I hope I don't see you on those boards!!! I'll keep an eye on this thread for news from you.

Hi Bulldog mom. I'm just checking in on you. When is your next hcg to be done? Unfortunately it is back to the conception threads for me as my scan indicated a miscarriage starting to happen. I hope I don't see you on those boards!!! I'll keep an eye on this thread for news from you.

Sorry to hear that! :hugs:

Slg76, my next hcg level is tomorrow. I've read so many cases.of women in the same situation as myself so I'm trying to stay positive. I'm so sorry about your miscarriage... if you don't mind, what did your scan show that indicated you were starting to miscarry?

My scan has measured behind since the beginning. At 6 weeks there was just a sac. At 7 weeks there was sac, yolk sac, fetal pole of 4mm but no heartbeat. The sac had only grown a mm or two in that week. So that this point I was 7 weeks, the baby measured 6 weeks, and the sac measured 5 weeks. Also in this week my hcg only doubled once from 11000 to 22000. At this point we pretty much knew it was not a viable pregnancy. Today at 8 weeks all measurements were pretty much the same if not a little smaller. The sac was not round anymore but rather bean shaped. The doctor said you could see "bubble looking" things along the edge of the uterine wall. I don't know what they actually are but she says they form when the pregnancy is detaching. I'm glad to finally have an answer even if it's not the one I wanted! Dr. said I could start to bleed in a couple days or a couple weeks.

we want to try again as soon as possible. This little bean took us a year and a half to conceive.

I hope your hcg is rising! I'll check tomorrow for your update.....

My scan has measured behind since the beginning. At 6 weeks there was just a sac. At 7 weeks there was sac, yolk sac, fetal pole of 4mm but no heartbeat. The sac had only grown a mm or two in that week. So that this point I was 7 weeks, the baby measured 6 weeks, and the sac measured 5 weeks. Also in this week my hcg only doubled once from 11000 to 22000. At this point we pretty much knew it was not a viable pregnancy. Today at 8 weeks all measurements were pretty much the same if not a little smaller. The sac was not round anymore but rather bean shaped. The doctor said you could see "bubble looking" things along the edge of the uterine wall. I don't know what they actually are but she says they form when the pregnancy is detaching. I'm glad to finally have an answer even if it's not the one I wanted! Dr. said I could start to bleed in a couple days or a couple weeks.

we want to try again as soon as possible. This little bean took us a year and a half to conceive.

I hope your hcg is rising! I'll check tomorrow for your update.....

Im so sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers. We've been trying fpr almost 3 years so I know what that is like. And this was my first pregnancy. Good luck my dear!

So I just spoke to my primary dr... he said that he doesn't believe I'm having an ectopic. He did say that it could be too early to detect on ultrasound, or I could have miscarried (hence the pink and brown discharge) but he said not to give up hope... that not every pregnancy is the same. He said that my level will be the best indicator. If it's lower then we know I miscarried, and if they're higher then maybe it was just too early to tell on the ultrasound.

So thanks again ladies for all your support!

My OB said they can't see anything below 2000. My levels with my MC were exactly 2000 at 5w3 and we saw a sac only.

Hang in there <3

I am going for my repeat hcg in a few hours, so I would really appreciate if y'all could whisper a little prayer for DH and me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->