nothing found on ultrasound... please read

oh! What a crazy emotional roller coaster to have to be on. Your hcg levels do indicate that you would be early on (3 to 4 weeks). Although hcg levels vary SO much from person to person. I pulled up an hcg calculator and at this rate your hcg will double in 6.2 days. The very slow doubling time seems more worrisome than a low number. You never know, my little sister was told she would miscarry because her doubling time was so slow (I don't know what it was) and my nephew is 4 now. So sorry you have to wait and wonder!

I don't think it's ectopic. I went thru a similar experience with my 3rd pregnancy. I went in for a dating ultrasound at what I thought was 7+0, only to find out I had a suspicious lump on my right ovary, my hCG levels appeared to be rising albeit slower than they should have, and my uterus was apparently empty. During the scan, I started bleeding and cramping. Later, I passed what felt like a golf-ball sized thing. The dr said due to my labs, the u/s, and the lump, I had an ectopic. I had the methotrexate shot but a repeat u/s the next week showed no change in the lump. Then my labs came back. Apparently, they had been slowly rising BEFORE the u/s but, due to a delay in when the results came in, it appeared they were rising AFTER my u/s. They were in fact going down at that time. The lump was diagnosed as a simple ovarian cyst and the 'thing' I passed after my first u/s was the sac. The dr's have never explained why I would have passed something that big but it not be visible on the u/s. The only thing I can figure is once they saw that cyst, I don't think they really did anymore looking. I know it's not the hopeful story you may be looking for but I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to have a totally empty uterus, slowly rising hormones, and it NOT be an ectopic pregnancy.

do you have a tilted uterus by chance? That can make imaging much harder. I'm sure you know that, but just a thought.

I'm definitely not very hopeful right now. There is just too much to process.I have no clue what to even begin to think

Does anyone know any specific prayers for pregnancy or pregnancy complications? I've been praying, but I just can't seem to find the right words to express what is in my heart.

What denomination/belief system do you have, bulldogmom? Let me know and I can help find you something.

I will pray for you. <3 Your story has touched me, and I wanted to send you a virtual :hugs: if you wanted them and to let you know that I feel for you terribly.

I am a Christian. I don't really have a specific denomination. I've always felt that everyone can have their own personal relationship with God, and He will listen no matter what denomination you choose.

I hope in some time you find just the right way to express what you are feeling. I think God can hear what is in your heart <3

I think, in these sorts of situations, writing your own prayer might be very soothing and helpful. Praying to Mary and the nurturing aspects of the Divine might also bring you comfort. <3

I go for my second ultrasound today. Everyone please please say a prayer for us.

Have been reading your posts, hope everything went ok x

Well, my little bean is perfect for 6w,5d! I was just too early to show up! Heart rate was 122! I am beyond relieved! Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

Ahh that's fantastic news! I thought that it would probably be the case, from my own experience :)
Hope you have a happy and healthy nine months :hugs:

I am a Christian. I don't really have a specific denomination. I've always felt that everyone can have their own personal relationship with God, and He will listen no matter what denomination you choose.

God knows the unspoken words in your heart. He knows what you need before you ask for it. Just say what's on your heart and He will hear you.

That's the best news I've heard all day! Congrats!!! I'm just so sorry you had to go through all that drama though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->