Nothing in Ultrasound in 5 Weeks - Positive Thoughts Please

babybeans0230

Reaction score
Hi All

My HCG rising at : 2250 at 5 weeks

HCG at 4 weeks was: 135

I am 5 weeks and went in for an U/S Yesterday. Doctor did not even see a sac?

Next Steps:

Follow up HCG : Next Monday

Follow up next ultrasound: next tueday

Very worried and concerned. Any answer will help.:thumbup:

**PROMISE TO LEAVE UPDATE ONCE I HAVE IT ***

Was it an internal us or not? Expect to see nothing on an abdominal.

At 6weeks with my son i found nothing... turns out i was earlier than i thought... at 7.5weeks it turns out he was 6w1d... saw a sack and a hb. Hes now 3 this month...

This bubba is measuring 3days behind... but thats after i had a us at 5w6d (i thought i was 6w2d) and we saw nothing!!!!! Then i coughed by chance and my uterus flopped forward and showed it.
Apparently it was tilting back... i have nfi why but they couldnt see anything.

Bottom line... 5 weeks is early and u may be a few days behind what u think and it makes a massive difference. Just try and relax :)
Xxxx best of luck

I had an ultrasound at 5w6d and only saw the gestational sac. I'm not 100% sure that everything is okay, as I haven't had another scan, but I'm 10 weeks now and I'm still pregnant... At any rate, I'm sure that if I'd gone just a few days sooner, then they wouldn't have seen anything. I think it is probably normal not to have seen anything just yet. Fingers crossed that everything goes well at your scan next week. :hugs:

Perfectly normal not to see anything at 5 weeks. If you look back at the threads there's so many ladies who have posted up the same thing and gone on to have normal next scans. Personally I've never had an ultrasound at 5 weeks where they have seen even a sac, only a thickened uterine lining. Try not to worry yourself :) good luck for your next scan!

if you google it there are literally hundreds of stories of women who saw nothing at 5 weeks then saw the baby at the next ultrasound and some of then had sky high betas. Tilted uteruses and any number of things can make seeing anything at this stage tough! Good luck and I bet you'll see baby next time.

Thanks a lot all you wonderful ladies.

I had an internal ultrasound. I had a positive pregnancy test only on April 25. Even Blood test on April 22nd came negative. So I am thinking its early doctors are really being very scary which I hate :( Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best !

God Bless you all and your families for being so kind and helpful :)

The wait is terribly frustrating and painful. But trying to stay as diverted!

I will keep you posted with the updates !

@marryanne1987

Any links available for me to read if you have them handy?

Thanks for your help and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 Months

I scanned at work at 4w6d and didn't see anything. Didn't have u/s until 6w (6w2d?) and saw gestational sac, yolk sac and tiny fetal pole with flicker. Probably just too early.

All we saw at 5 weeks was a sac. Had my second ultrasound this Monday and I measured 6.4 weeks and a strong heartbeat. Hang in there

@marryanne1987

Any links available for me to read if you have them handy?

Thanks for your help and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 Months

No idea how to do that but there's lots of threads! If you just jump back a few pages at the bottom you will come across them. It's honestly a really common question to be asked here. 5 weeks is so early. Our local epu now refuses to scan before 6 weeks for that reason.

Thanks a lot for your support!

We were able to see the sac and heartbeat flicker today! God Bless you Abundantly :)

Was it an internal us or not? Expect to see nothing on an abdominal.

At 6weeks with my son i found nothing... turns out i was earlier than i thought... at 7.5weeks it turns out he was 6w1d... saw a sack and a hb. Hes now 3 this month...

This bubba is measuring 3days behind... but thats after i had a us at 5w6d (i thought i was 6w2d) and we saw nothing!!!!! Then i coughed by chance and my uterus flopped forward and showed it.
Apparently it was tilting back... i have nfi why but they couldnt see anything.

Bottom line... 5 weeks is early and u may be a few days behind what u think and it makes a massive difference. Just try and relax :)
Xxxx best of luck

We were able to see the sac and heartbeat flicker today! God Bless you Abundantly :)

I had an ultrasound at 5w6d and only saw the gestational sac. I'm not 100% sure that everything is okay, as I haven't had another scan, but I'm 10 weeks now and I'm still pregnant... At any rate, I'm sure that if I'd gone just a few days sooner, then they wouldn't have seen anything. I think it is probably normal not to have seen anything just yet. Fingers crossed that everything goes well at your scan next week. :hugs:

Perfectly normal not to see anything at 5 weeks. If you look back at the threads there's so many ladies who have posted up the same thing and gone on to have normal next scans. Personally I've never had an ultrasound at 5 weeks where they have seen even a sac, only a thickened uterine lining. Try not to worry yourself :) good luck for your next scan!

if you google it there are literally hundreds of stories of women who saw nothing at 5 weeks then saw the baby at the next ultrasound and some of then had sky high betas. Tilted uteruses and any number of things can make seeing anything at this stage tough! Good luck and I bet you'll see baby next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->