Nothing seen in uterus at 6 weeks

sapphire1

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I should have been 6 weeks 2 days pregnant today, and I had an internal scan due to on and off bleeding. They were unable to locate a pregnancy in my womb, and couldn't see anything else apart from what was possibly a tiny sac and a probable corpeus luteum cyst on my ovary. I have had my bloods taken to see what my HCG levels are doing, I got 2-3 weeks on a digi this morning (never got higher than that) and have been getting positive hpts since the 31st Oct. I haven't had any cramping or pains, and the bleeding isn't that heavy. They have said that it's likely a miscarriage, but they can't rule out an ectopic pregnancy.

Has anyone else been in the situation where nothing at all is seen? :flower:

i went through this honey, hold on you might just of conceived later tha you though...wishing you all the best xxx

Oh bless u- we have both such similar stories....

I also got my BFP on 31 Oct and I too have been in the hospital today due to bleeding (started brown on Sunday and had continued lightly through to today when it tuned light red). I had been getting 3+ weeks on a cb digi, but on Sunday this dropped to 2-3 weeks.

Today at the EPU I had blood tests for HCG and progesterone, as well as an internal scan. They couldn't find a pregnancy in the womb, but did find a sac of fluid near my ovary which they concluded was evidence of an ectopic pregnancy.

They were considering looking inside, but fortunately my hcg and progesterone count had dropped low enough to show that my body was dealing with it and removing the pregnancy.

They have asked me to return on Thursday to do another bloodtest and hormone count. The hormones will soon drop to that of a non-pregnant woman and then my cycle should start again.

I was reassured, that this shouldn't affect fertility, as my body has dealt with it naturally and without any intervention.

I know this doesn't give you any answers, but hopefully you see that you are not alone. I am sorry that you have had an awful day like me, but many women that have suffered an ectopic pregnancy do go on to have healthy full term pregnancies, and we will be one of them soon xx

Thanks ladies, sorry for your losses :hugs:

Emilykate, we got our BFPs on the same day. I never got a 3+ on a digi though, it took ages to get to a 2-3 and hasn't moved from that. They should tell me my hcg levels tomorrow, so it might shed more light before my repeat tests on Thursday. So sorry that you're going through this too. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->