Nothing seen on ultrasound @ 6w & 7w - HCG doubling, Low Progesterone

janeausten

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I could really use some advice!

I started spotting around 5w4d. I had a confirmation appointment at 6w - so, I brought up the spotting then. The doc ordered an ultrasound & bloodwork that day (& bloodwork 2 days later). The 6w us showed only a sac. They said it may be too early to see anything else.

HCG came back as 4900@ 6w and 8900@6w2d. My progesterone was very low - 6. So, they started me on progesterone pills and they scheduled another ultrasound for 7w. During the 7w ultrasound (this past monday) they saw nothing - not even a sac this time. Just said that the progesterone supplements were doing their job because my uterine lining was very thick. The doctor said that she was pretty sure this is not a viable pregnancy but she wanted one more round of HCG testing to make sure.

Got the HGC results today...31000@7w (around 4pm)& 49000@7w2d (around 8am this morning)

So now, they want to do another ultrasound tomorrow afternoon. I already had lots of crying and coming to terms with the fact that this is most likely the end for this little baby - I just knew my HCG would be dropping today. I think I needed that to make the descion that this pregnancy is over. (The doc says I won't need a D&C, that when I stop taking the progesterone I would begin to bleed and mc)

I really don't think they will see anything on the ultrasound tomorrow. And if they don't see anything, they're going to sugguest stopping the progesterone. I don't want to hold onto something that isn't there - but what if they just can't see the baby yet??

Any advice is VERY much appreciated!! Honest and blunt advice too!

Thanks yall!!

so so sorry. I have been on the roller coaster of progesterone and hcg and scans and waiting. Not anything I would wish on a another person. It seems like your hcg is still rising even though the last ones it seemed to be slowing down - but I think it does slow down at some point. If they saw a sac before I am sure they would see one at the next scan.

I can't imagine what you are going through - I also know the pain of stopping progesterone and waiting for the bleeding to start. That was what happened with my fourth miscarriage in December.

Hope that you see the heart beating away in the sac at your scan - know we are here for if the news is not good. Wishing you all the best x

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

If they don't find anything at the scan, discuss your options. You can always choose expectant management, which is simply waiting, and have an ultrasound around 8 or 9 weeks, when there really should be something obvious to see. You can always wait.

I waited for almost 4 weeks, even though my first ultrasuond was at 9 weeks and it was pretty conclusive. The whole time I waited, I just couldn't drop the fear that they might be wrong, but I eventually got the D&C anyway, and they checked before they went in, and they were not wrong. There was no baby. It was a huge relief to me to not have to worry about that anymore, as much as it was still a great loss.

I know our situations are different, but I hope that it helps you just a little to know that you're not alone, and that you have choices in what you do from here. You can't bring back a baby who isn't meant to be, but you can let nature take its course if you're more comfortable with that than with intervention.

Sending strength and love your way.

Awww hun i'm so sorry i'm no help but just wanted to say hope things work out and if not :hugs: for you. Keep us updated when you can

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->