Nothing to do with TTC just REALLY need to vent

banana1011

Reaction score
Ok, I've been working for the same boss for 5 1/2 years. Had a promotion in there, but she's still my boss. I'm BORED OUT OF MY MIND with this job and she's ABSOLUTELY crazy - my boss that is...I mean full blown, 100% sees a therapist every week for the last 18 years crazy. She gives me "feedback" and I don't listen to it because, to be frank, I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE HER! It's so hard to take her feedback. Everyone that we work with thinks she's nuts, but yet, she has made it through round after round after round of "re-engineering efforts" and re-orgs.

I also have come to find out that I was NOT made to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day, talking about things that don't make any sense. These people (sorry, I don't mean to offend if this is you) are idiots. They think because they have a "higher title" than you that they can treat you like dirt. I don't want to be associated with these people any more. Who the hell do they think they are? They say they're career focused. Well, if that's what you need to do to be career focus...disregarding the human-ness of working with people...then I don't want any part of these corporate shenangans. I want to quit SO bad.

You know what does make me happy...I'm a dog-walker on the side. I work from home for the corp. job, so dog-walking helps me get outta the house and enjoy my sanity. Does it pay well, no. But my sanity is worth more than $$. Sad news though...I can't get on DH's insurance until January. Stupid open enrollment. Someone said that I may be able to get on for quitting work, but I don't think they're right. ANd if I quit and by the grace of God get preggers, then we're screwed financially.

Sorry...needed to vent. I really can't take it any more and I don't know what to do. I've felt like this for 6+ months and every week it gets worse and worse. Not like I can switch jobs at the drop of the hat...economy sucks...hiring freezes are still in place and I just want out of the corporate world. Then DH says...just hang in there until maternatiy leave. But then again, he doesn't have to deal with MY boss. Grrrrrrrrr....

i can totally sympathise - i too would love to quit my job, but simply can't as even if i got another it would be ages before i would be entitled to any maternity pay, and would rather stick it out than have to wait any longer for a bubba. i'm not even in a 'corporate' type of job - it's supposed to be a people-focused, caring kind of a job, but my boss is obsessed with getting us to 'process' our clients faster! it's like working in a chicken factory!

hubby hates his job more than me, but just can't find anything else. he is kind of sympathetic, but does keep saying 'at least you'll get a year off soon'.

hang in there - none of it will matter when you get your little bundle of joy x

I'm seriously doing as little work as possible these days. I have no motivation to do anything. Even projects that could be considered fun. I just don't care at all. Last year, I busted my butt and what did I get...nothing. They froze raises and we're probably not going to get a raise this year. I'm seriously doing just enough work not to get fired...and that is NOT my work ethic. I hate it. I think I'm slipping into depression. I don't even enjoy doing the things I like to do. Gotta get outta this funk...gotta get outta this funk...gotta get outta this funk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->