****November 2013 Rainbow Babies****

MandaAnda

Reaction score
I didn't see a November thread yet, so I thought I'd start one.

I lost my Lucy at 13+5 to Turner syndrome. We'd been trying for 15 months. We also have Jack, who's nearly 3.

Hubby returned from deployment a couple of days after my first period since the m/c 17th November. We started trying straight away and actually tried exactly the same times we did when we conceived Lucy, but BFN for January. So, we decided to try the SMEP for February, and we got out BFP on 10DPO!

We were charting so I know my EDD is 6th November, which is the anniversary of my 12+1 week scan when I saw Lucy, saw her moving, saw her heartbeat but also learned of her poor prognosis. I find this healing, in a way, and really hope she's coming back to us, healthy and happy. We're planning a home water birth as well. :happydance:

Tell us about you!

November 1st
Angeltk42 :pink: - Amanda Grace born 18th October! :cloud9:
Firef1y72 :blue: - Jake born 29th October! :cloud9:

November 2nd
JDH1982 :yellow: turned :blue: Jacob Michael born 16th November! :cloud9:

November 3rd
teacup22 :pink: - Baby girl born 2nd November! :cloud9:

November 4th

November 5th

November 6th
MandaAnda :blue: - Thomas Daniel born 2nd November! :cloud9:

November 7th
Loxottica :angel:

November 8th
Storked :pink: - Baby girl born 30th October! :cloud9:

November 9th

November 10th
usamom - Baby born ?6th November! :cloud9:
grich2011 :yellow: turned :pink: Laylah born 5th November! :cloud9:

November 11th
aak :pink:

November 12th
steph. :pink: - Sienna Hope born 15th October! :cloud9:

November 13th

November 14th
Platinumvague :pink: - Riley Harper born 8th November! :cloud9:

November 15th
larvalstalker :blue: - Kurt born 25th October! :cloud9:
ginny83 :angel:

November 16th
anchor08 :pink: - Evelyn born ?12th November! :cloud9:
ready4family :pink: - Grace Lena born 17th November! :cloud9:

November 17th

November 18th
AwesomeSauce :angel:

November 19th
Lallie81 :blue: - Harrison James born ?10th November! :cloud9:

November 20th

November 21st
..Julie.. :pink: - Brooklyn Nichole born 19th November! :cloud9:

November 22nd

November 23rd

November 24th

November 25th

November 26th
joey300187 :yellow:
Maxparedesmom :blue: - Wyatt born 16th November! :cloud9:

November 27th

November 28th

November 29th
sunnysun :yellow: turned :pink: - Gioia born 26th November! :cloud9:

November 30th

I'm kind of afraid to post this, buuut,

I had an ectopic pregnancy two years ago (in January). We've been trying every since we were cleared from that, so almost two years. I have two little girls H, who is 3.5, and R who is almost 2.5.

I had given up on this cycle and pretty much until after my annual in April. Not necessarily a bad give up, but a calming one, if that makes sense. I was charting on my phone and didn't even write it down when I went to get a new phone because I was so sure it wouldn't matter. Then I had a very detailed and vivid dream Monday morning about holding my baby girl.. I could see her face, eye color, I knew her birth date (which was Nov. 26 so not right lol), etc. I didn't even test after I woke up though. My neighbor convinced me to after telling her about my dream, so I did and got a faint positive on 9dpo. I went for blood work on 10dpo and my hcg was 32. I go for another draw tomorrow to see if the numbers are doubling properly.

I am absolutely terrified right now of having another ectopic, but I'm trying to remain positive. My EDD should be November 9th.

(A?)Manda, I'm so sorry about your little Lucy, but I think that she is absolutely coming back to you. When dates match up like that, I think it's a sign.

Awesome for the planned home birth. Was your last a home birth? My second was born at home, and I'm hoping to have the rest of my (hopeful) children at home too.

Hi, Heather. Yes, it is Amanda. You could be 42+3 and make that date. ;) Not an unheard of gestation. :) And thanks, I do think it's her, whether she will be a her or not this time (at this stage, I think so).

I planned a home birth with Jack, but when my hindwaters broke, there was very thick meconium. So, I knew they'd want to check me over in hospital. Totally scuppered the home birth plans, but I managed to fight for a natural birth in hospital. I already have my pool that I bought in the autumn (and had "christened" by my friend and neighbour the same day we conceived!) and am hoping to have an independent midwife this time around, depending what happens with government plans. I'm not ruling out birthing unassisted.

Where are you located? I'm in London...just on the edge.

42+3?! No way! My first was 40 weeks exactly, and my second was 38 weeks exactly.. I just can't see myself making it to 42 weeks lol.

Oh yeah, meconium is a definitely no-no in a home birth setting. I hate to say this, but I'm probably going to have to have an "illegal" home birth since home birthing in my state is in bad shape. I'm thinking about UC as well if the midwife doesn't work out. I'm in the US =)

Hehehehehe, how did I know you'd say that? ;) I went into labour at 40+4 with my son, so I doubt I'd go very far "over" myself.

We get NHS midwifery care here for low risk births, but I want to see the same midwife and have one that I know and respect. I don't want to chance having to fight for things.

I am so sorry about your losses ladies :( But congratulations on the bfp!

Can i join? I'm not sure if i belong here because i've already had a baby since my loss, but its one of those things that never leaves you. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, in march 2011. Then i had a surprise pregnancy with my daughter straight after, and have just found out i'm expecting n.2, due novermber 8th. I am absolutely terrified though, and to make matters worse today i took another test to reassure myself (silly me!) and i think it might look lighter than the one 2 days ago. Fingers crossed it doesnt mean anything!

Welcome! Mine have stayed almost the same degree of lightness until today, finally darkening up nicely. Still cramping, which worries me, even though I know it can be normal.

Thanks, Steph! And welcome here =) What brand of tests are you using? I'm finding that my wondfos are not darkening as nicely as I'd like, but my FRER are darkening beautifully.

My blood work finally came back!!! It went from a 32 on Feb 26th, to an 83 on Feb 28th. It more than doubled!! The midwives feel confident that it isn't another ectopic, and I have my first appointment scheduled for March 14th (also my wedding anniversary). I'll be just under 6 weeks then, so I'm going to ask for a write up for an ultrasound. Maybe then I'll be able to fully relax lol.

I should've said mine were Internet cheapies that were light and finally went fairly dark today. I do still have one FRER and a CB digi, just saving them for some odd reason.

Great news, Heather! I'm wondering if I should have an early ultrasound or just wait until 12 weeks. The cramping's definitely come back today but no bleeding, and with the darker test, I'm just trying to be calm about it. x

If I was just taking my internet cheapies, I KNOW I'd be scared. Here's my progression from 9dpo to 13dpo (today).

https://i45.tinypic.com/szc1zr.jpg

But my FRER are looking great. And having a blood test always helps lol.

https://i49.tinypic.com/2hztket.jpg

With both of my girls I needed a dating ultrasound and we always waited to tell everyone until after that. And I think it's probably a good idea to rule out ectopic anyway.

That looks really good heather! I am using frer and both from 12dpo and 14dpo look like your one from 12dpo. I dont know whether to splash ut and buy more tests or to just step away from the sticks and hope for the best!

Hi Ladies! may I join??
after 2 miscarriages.. I am now 4wks1d pregnant and I'm due Nov 7. I'm trying to keep calm.. I'm trying not to worry but... there is this black cloud on top of me.. I pray that I'll have this baby and he/she will be born and healthy..I dont know if I can suffer another MC.

Thanks ladies! I feel like peeing on these sticks are the one thing keeping my sane.

Steph, I'd say step away! Especially if you can keep your hopes up. The line getting darker can be such a finicky thing and definitely not worth the stress. I'm done with the IC since they were just stressing me out, you know? I'm sending tons of sticky baby vibes your way =)

Loxottica, of course!! Welcome!! I think we can all completely understand that. Until I got these recent blood test results, I felt the same way. Like a huge dark rain cloud was looming over my head and keeping me from getting truly excited. Lots and lots of sticky baby vibes coming your way!

welcome loxottica! i know exactly how you feel. I know i should be thrilled that i am pregnant but i am not enjoying it at all. I cant stop worrying. I know i said i would step away from the tests but i caved and tested again :( I dont think things are looking good. The line on the frer is still the same, and on the digi it said 1-2 weeks pregnant. Surely by now it should say 2-3? I was going to wait until 6 weeks to go see the doctor, but i think i'm going to go next week and get my levels measured. If my husband knew how much i'm spending on pregnancy tests he wouldnt be at all happy!

Welcome, Loxottica. I've only had the one loss, but the worries are there in the back of my mind. Just trying to keep positive.

Steph, that sounds ok. Digi counts from conception, not LMP. So, you're 2+1 from ovulation, but hormones start up at implantation, so maybe baby implanted a bit late. Fingers crossed all is well.

Hi everyone! Congrats to you all!
Can I join please! Edd is 3rd November.
We've even trying for almost a year and had a mc in June at 6w and another in November at nearly 9 weeks :(
I'm really scared this time and just want to fast forward to 2nd tri already!

Welcome, teacup! Of course you can join us. :)

Although, I've had the one loss, as it was so recent, I just felt like I needed to be pregnant again. I'm so happy to be, but I sort of get this feeling that I want to pick up where I left off when I delivered Lucy. But that's about 9 1/2 weeks from now. :/

:( must be so hard. Having a mc at 9 weeks was bad enough for me.
You're a much braver woman than me that's for sure!
I am so so tired today.... I just want to sleep away the horrid next month. To get past the time of my last 2 losses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->