• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

November Due Dates (cont)

First time I've been on here in quite a while too. Baby Samuel Henry was born last Saturday morning (following a 3 and a half day labour) by emergency c-section weighing 9lb14oz. He was back to back so between that, him being a bit of a giant and me being 5'1" he got stuck and needed to be taken our surgically. It was a good thing too as the pushing had caused me internal bleeding.

https://i48.tinypic.com/hsvwhf.png

Congratulations never the less!!!! Such a big boy! I hope you're doing ok, sounds like quite a labour :O

Sarah congrats totally missed that you'd had your little one!
Congrats springer he's gorgeous :)

Springer - congrats on the birth of your big boy! he is gorgeous!! Hope you are recovering well and have all the help you need!

Update: Induction scheduled for 6.30pm Thursday, so expecting the troll late Friday or early Saturday.

Wooooooo!

Go rainbow :D

So yellow bump turned PINK on the 19th of nov at 22.52. We called her Ajai and she was 8lb 0.5oz :) she's doing fab and is a really good baby. Already a daddy's girl and he's besotted with her! Getting discharged from hosp today and I can't wait! I know this is where the trouble starts ha but I just wanna be at home with oh and DS!

It's def weird that bump has deflated so quick I feel odd lol trousers I bought to slob round in the week before I was due are now very loose and its nice to turn them up cause they r too big!

One thing I'm very shocked at is that my boobs haven't leaked once! So even all my nip stim before Ajai its not encouraged any milk... Thank god!

I shall eventually write a birth story :)

everything stopped :-( im still 4cm 4/5ths palable and fully effaced but no more contractions

Things Did Not Expect With Labor:

I started out my pregnant definitely wanting an epidural, but after reading a few Lamaze books, I hoped to be able to have a natural birth. Well, those Lamaze books and the natural birth video showed at our birthing class were all lovely but totally unrelated to (my) reality.

First, all of those natural methods of coping with contractions (the later ones before going to the hospital) were RUBBISH. Shifting positions did NOT help, the beautiful labor ball I bought for bouncing on was agony, and walking felt horrible. All I wanted to do was lie in the fetal position. I was not expecting this, I definitely thought I was going to want to be active during contractions, and even expected to want to birth on all fours or squatting. But that old "bad" supine position was the only one I wanted to be in!

I had also heard and read in my natural childbirth books that massage helped distract from the pain. D kept massaging my shoulders during/after contractions, and all it did was drive me batty! It felt like a gnat gnawing at my shoulder! But I knew he was trying to be nice, so I didn't push him away.

Moreover, I was very indignant that I wasn't going to be "allowed" to eat during labor. So I did not expect to completely lack interest in all food. Even during early labor, I wasn't hungry at all. I had to force myself to eat tacos Friday night, and threw them up early Saturday morning when I went to the hospital for the first time. After I was discharged, my mom told me to eat a little, so I had a few popsicles and a tiny bowl of cereal, but then threw them all up at the hospital. I usually love to eat allllllllllllll the time.

So I was delighted to get an epidural once my cervix showed progress past 4 (apparently other hospitals allow earlier epidurals, boo!), but I was not expecting to still feel sensations, which I did! I had thought an epidural would make you totally numb from the waist down, but it wasn't like that at all. I felt the intense pressure in my butt and the intense urge to push. So the epidural still allowed me to feel the need to push, which was a pleasant surprise, although still feeling the doctor massaging my perineum wasn't nice (although it was great that I didn't tear at all).

What about your labors was a surprise to you?

Is baby here yet Rainbow???

Medieval - mine was different to the labour with the boys - with them I was like you only wanted to be in the fetal position, couldn't eat, had pethidine as stronger pain relief etc, but this time, I only had gas and air, I was starving the whole way through and couldn't stop eating, breast feeding was a lot easier. However, much like my second my body pushed her out .. I didn't really have to 'push' and I'm really surprised I didn't tear with her AS she crowned still in her waters so wasn't 'lubed' up which is apparently what teh waters do. I loved my birth experiences with all 3 to be honest, they were all fairly similar :)

Sorry haven't been on, been in the baby bubble. Harriet Jayne finally arrived at 11.02pm on Sunday 8lbs 12oz. 16 days overdue and would probably carried on given half a chance. Induced on Friday am and then had everything thrown at me that the hospital could offer. In the end including theatre and a room full of people. She was worth the wait and despite everything I loved the experience. Is it strange that I do miss being pregnant and I want to freeze time as I can already see her changing. Hope everyone else is doing well. xx

Attachments

• DSC02676.jpg
    DSC02676.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs