Now going through my 4th chemical pregnancy. Does turning 35 really make all the difference?

Laurabub84

Reaction score
I turned 35 June this year. I have 4 children, my youngest is 2 and a half. So I was only pregnant a couple of years ago. With my last 2 children I struggled to conceive because I had bad irregular cycles. With my 2nd I was annovulatory for 16 months until I tried agnus castus and I finally fell. Once I was pregnant all was fine. This time around I'm reasonably regular. The only trouble I had was after my first chemical I went 5 months annovulatory with no af either. Since then I've been ovulating between cd18-25. I'm now about to go through my 4th chemical this year and 2nd two cycles in a row. So I don't seem to have trouble falling pregnant to have conceived 4 time in one year, but I'm now having trouble staying pregnant. I'm devasted today to have got a near enough negative after a week of positive yet again. AF will arrive tomorrow. I saw a gynaecologist and all she could tell me was that because I'm older it's more common to miscarry. She made me feel ancient. I thought the once and twice was just bad luck. By the third was starting to worry and now there's obviously something wrong. I can't ever imagine it happening for me now and I'm feeling really bad today. Just don't know what to do anymore. It's like I've turned 35 and a switch has been flicked. I know i already have 4 beautiful daughters and I am so grateful to have them, dont get me wrong. I know how lucky I am. But when you have that desperation for a baby it's still so hard. I want this so bad before I really am too old. My husband turns 40 next year and he's not keen on trying too long because of that. I feel like I'm on in a time limit and only have so many shots at this. I know this feeling will never go away and I really don't know what I'll do with myself if this never happens. Sorry for the rant but I'm feeling very needy today now. I hate not having any control over this

Sorry your having another chemical hun . It sounds to me like maybe you already have some hormone issues . Have you been diagnosed with pcos ? I would find a new doctor yours doesnt seem to be much help . It could be you have low progesterone levels . I was diagnosed with that so as soon as I see a positive test I have to take it or I wont stay prdgnant . Hopefully you can find a better doctor who will be more help :hugs:

All my pregnancies were past 35.

I think it sounds like PCOS also.. all those irregular cycles. You need a better doctor to do a hormone work up and not just make lame age comments.

I am sorry to know you are going through this. As your doc says your age might be the reason as the risk of aneuplodies increases, and also egg quality might be the issue. I would recommend doing karyotyping and checking your ovarian reserve to know more about the reasons why you cannot get pregnant. Good luck on your journey

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->