Now I believe it!

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
Have been washing baby things the last few days and I was never much of a believer in that whole "one sock always goes missing" mystery, but now I BELIEVE IT! :rolleyes: It's typical. I can't, for the life of me, figure out where it's gone. I've virtually climbed into both the washer and the dryer and it's nowhere to be seen. :shrug:
Is there a land of lost socks somewhere and if so can someone tell me how to get there so I can match the pair as it's reeeeeeeally bugging me?!! I'm damned if I'm chucking it out :trouble: xx

Did you check that you hadnt dropped it on the way to the washing machine? It would be easy to miss a tiny sock :lol:

Ha, I dont know where lost sock land is....many of my families socks have ended up there over the years!!

Get a little net baggie for baby socks though....they particularly end up missing and clogging up washing machines so I always put baby and small kiddie socks in the baggie and then in the wash...they cant get lost and break the machine then!!

Ha, I dont know where lost sock land is....many of my families socks have ended up there over the years!!

Get a little net baggie for baby socks though....they particularly end up missing and clogging up washing machines so I always put baby and small kiddie socks in the baggie and then in the wash...they cant get lost and break the machine then!!

i agree you must invest in a net as the washing machine eats our childrens socks weekly :haha:

I have a little drain thing on the front of my washer - when i was havin issues a few months back i opened it and found about 4 socks! i dont understand how they get thru those little holes tho!!

That is one more thing to add to my list of stuff to buy... net bag.

I thank you for the tip too. I'd hate to lose any socks

put your scratch mitts, booties and hats in the net baggie too :) They are things that go walkies between taking them off baby and putting them back, clean, in drawers!!!

LOL - it's such a mystery isn't it!

Could it be in one of the other things you washed? I once found a sock inside my duvet cover that had been there for ages (and many washes).

I'm also washing baby stuff - don't think my washing machine has ever seen this much action! Like the net bag idea too :thumbup:

Did you check that you hadnt dropped it on the way to the washing machine? It would be easy to miss a tiny sock :lol:

I know, they're insanely small aren't they! :headspin: But sooooo cute. I've looked all over for it, retraced my steps, searched high and low. Not in any other clothes Margie but I too have found socks and even a pair of knickers inside a washed duvet cover before :rofl:

get an old pillowcase and put the sock you have in it then when you find the other you know where its partner is so you can match them up,
thankfully tesco baby socks are 1.50 for 5 pairs so i dont tend to worry to much about always having them paired again and often ds will end up with one white and one blue sock lol

I've just realised I don't have any socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHH :sad2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->